Full Stack Developer/UI/UX/FinTech/Hacker in Residence
|Reference # :||21-01635||Title :||Full Stack Developer/UI/UX/FinTech/Hacker in Residence|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/15/2021 / 11/14/2022|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Location: Preference- Tampa, Washington, DC. Other: NYC, Delaware, Buffalo, Irving
We are looking for an engineer with a well-round focus on machine learning and rapid prototyping in pre-production development to build innovative solutions for the Citi Productivity team. The ML Engineer/Rapid Prototyper will become an integral part of the Citi Productivity and D10X team. Our teams work with Citi businesses to solve hard problems that require experimentation, an outside in perspective, and experience navigating ambiguity.
The objective of the job is to create, experiment, and put in place rapid prototypes and initial MVPs where solution hypothesis generation and testing is done with tangible throwaway proof-of-concepts and rapidly implemented solutions. We expect that much of the work will require an application of machine learning aimed at process automation, but will likely also involve elements of data engineering, back end development, and process / systems mapping and design.
You should be a jack of all trades with a well rounded set of programming skills and data science/data engineering knowledge, with experience in pre-production development. You should have an interest in understanding why a software feature has business value – and want to know the customer journey that is being addressed to ensure you are building the right thing in the right way. Versatility is key, as every project will require a different approach- sometimes including non-technical work like process mapping or data gathering.
This job will require a high degree of independence, curiosity, initiative, and comfort with “good enough” over perfection. It will also require a huge amount of extroverted communications with other parts of Citi. If you have to be told what to do on a daily basis, if you don’t like sharing your work early, or if you are not comfortable in developing relationships in a large organization, then this job is not for you.
Primarily you’ll be developing prototypes and initial MVPs for Citi functions like risk, finance, compliance, and HR. Citi is one of the world’s biggest banks, and therefore, we make sure our apps are enterprise-ready, secure and compliant, but lightweight and fit-for-purpose.
• Rapid prototyping experience and new product development
• Comfort with ML concepts and tools, including Python
• Comfort with data manipulation and data pipelining
• Basic backend development skills (PHP, Java)
• Experience with RESTful APIs and micro services
• Experience with rational databases
• Knowledge of code versioning and collaboration platforms like GitHub
• Comfort with systems mapping and communicating about process and data flows
• Technical degree
• Experience with low-code tools like Appian is a plus, but not required
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Willing to collaborate with teams in diverse locations
• Problem solving skills demonstrated by past positions
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks in changing environment.
• Experience working at fintech startups or corporate innovation teams is a plus
Please see our complete list of jobs at: