Financial Solutions Lead Analyst
|Reference # :||21-01628||Title :||Financial Solutions Lead Analyst|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/29/2021 / 11/28/2022|
Title: VP, Financial Solutions Lead Analyst
The Financial Solutions Lead Analyst is in the Capital Planning's team, which is charged to execute upon the organization's most important process improvements and technology-led strategic and regulatory initiatives. This position will focus on, ensuring process & data correctness, building efficiencies in reporting, and streamlining processes within Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) Reporting.
The Finance Solutions Lead Analyst is a strategic professional having a business critical and regulatory driven role. Therefore, we are looking for a seasoned VP who will have responsibility of planning, developing and executing upon high-profile Capital Planning initiatives that are part of the Major Global Bank's transformation journey and agenda to build a better bank, and/or, our regulatory mandated Capital Planning, regulatory and remediation initiatives and programs. The work involves both strategic "build the bank” projects over next three to four years in RWA, Basel and CCAR domains as well as "run the bank " efforts as committed by the firm to the regulators.
This VP level role manages all aspects of multiple projects including end-to-end planning across Capital Planning framework, identifying and structuring the problem being remediated, analysis and synthesis of its root causes, creation of new options/solutions, organizing the programs and prioritizing, executing and obtaining necessary buy-ins. The body of work involves significant interaction with senior management as also managing multiple stakeholders and resources indirectly. Also contributes to overall design, roll-out and in formulating/setting direction for newer processes and business architecture transformations including the strategic and regulatory funded projects on RWA. Acts as a lead, RWA SME (subject matter expert) or key driving agent for positive change on multiple projects and initiatives at the same time.
Responsibilities of the role are (but not limited to):
• Drives regulatory deliverables and remediation efforts to systemically automate and/or into production across the Capital Continuum with specific focus on RWA. Acts as the business lead on the regulatory projects with responsibility for all the phases of SDLC, from requirement gathering, business analysis, design of solutions/operating models to overseeing the Technology partners doing development, UAT teams as required, and to go-live in production.
• Research the business problem, related issues and then develop and socialize solutions and improvements with all the relevant partners and seniors (including all key requirements and constraints).
• Provide support RWA calculations using Basel rules for wholesale Banking Book including exposure types such as securitization and other exposure types.
• Understand the current state, design and create the lead business view of the new target states and operating models (people, process, systems) for the most critical Capital Planning processes.
• Drives process, control, and technology improvements for Capital Planning processes, with the goal of reducing manual processes and improving the control environment.
• Accountable for credible evaluation of methodologies, results, governance, and processes and contributes to future strategy of the overall approach accepting and conducting review and challenge.
• Uses business proof of concepts (e.g. utilizing excel, diagrams, etc.) to analyze and identify deficiencies and to design enhancements and proposals.
• Presents outcome of proof of concepts, in partnership with others, to senior leaders to get sponsorship for solutions.
• Acts as an end-to-end expert on individually owned initiatives and work streams. Is a fast learner on new initiatives and projects by reaching out and gathering all the facts.
• Plans and executes upon the agreed upon tactical as well as strategic road map of each initiative to drive improvements, innovations and transformations.
• Owns and drives new solutions, designs and build (the manual and automated portions) with partners, for the ultimate development of new capabilities and the aggregation, reporting and visualization of the results.
• Emphasize improvements, with a business lens, that ultimately help solve big problems, streamline global processes, reuse existing infrastructure, improve timeliness, automate information flows, leverage latest technologies, eliminate large redundant steps, reconciliations and multiple manual touch points.
• Maintains written documentation of projects for senior management communications and/or in case of an audit requirement.
• Continuously improves own expertise of the capital planning domain to be a trusted advisor in the area.
• Participates in assessing and incorporating changing business, regulatory and market information needs into finance processes and applications
• Role provides a unique vantage point to gain a firm-wide perspective across all businesses (ICG, CCB and Consumer), scenarios and methodologies (e.g. Standard, Advanced, COVID-19) and risks (credit, market, liquidity and strategic).
• Candidate will lead an agenda for change, transformation and complex re-engineering across multiple areas as opposed to routine or business as usual in one area. Consequently, each field, subject matter area or problem will manifest an ever-changing variety of interesting efforts and challenges to work upon and learn from.
• Unique opportunity to gain a broad understanding of many key facets of capital planning, bank financials and exposures, including how it is done within a large globally systemic financial institution.
• Opportunity to build partnerships with colleagues across Lines of Businesses, Finance, Technology, Operations; and other main line functions such as Risk Management and Internal Audit (IA).
• Knowledge of Capital Planning, Capital Adequacy, Banking Regulations or Risk Management from a global bank perspective or a subject matter expert in a related specific field.
• Understanding of RWA production processes and/or systemic implementation across various asset classes including its business level capital attribution to assist in taking capital considerations into account when making decisions and/or to identify uncertainties or breaks and the required compensating measures.
• Knowledge of securitization risk stripe a plus.
• BS/BA in Business, Finance, Computer Science/Information Systems, Engineering or related field. Master's Degree in related areas/MBA or CPA/CFA is a plus.
• 6-10+ years' experience in Financial Services, Business Consulting/IT Sector, Engineering or related, preferably working on large solutions, remediation initiatives, technology-led improvements and/or transformations, and preferably within functions such as finance (e.g. FP&A), risk, product development, client solutions, technology, regulatory, process engineering or similar.
• In-depth knowledge of banking products / systems highly preferred. Knowledge of Capital Planning, Capital Adequacy, Banking Regulations, Financials or Risk Management from a global bank perspective (e.g. Basel etc.) or otherwise a recognized subject matter expert in a related complex area/field.
• Work experience in Basel teams and have knowledge of Basel III, Basel III reforms (sometimes referred to as Basel IV) preferred.
• Relevant industry certifications are a plus e.g. PMP (PMI), PRM (PRMIA), FRM (GARP), Scrum, etc.
• Understanding of large bank/global company intricacies, and multi-dimensional processes and systems.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel & PowerPoint in particular).
• Problem-solver mindset, with strong analytical background and ability to comprehend complexities, systems and processes.
• Can think "outside the box” and from "first principles” in clarifying/resolving complex and abstract enterprise level issues.
• Strong business analysis competency to shape solutions with clear thinking and ability to breakdown abstract problem.
• Exceptional communication and strategic thinking skills to influence and negotiate, often at a senior level.
• Demonstrated leadership acumen; inspires enthusiasm to excel and continuous improvements.
• Takes ownership, plans thoroughly, anticipates risk, has the big picture as well as all the minutiae needed to contribute a flawless delivery.
• Self-motivated; is able to execute and drive results, including in the absence of detailed instructions.
• Strong interpersonal skills: reliable and collaborative/enjoyable to work with; both independently as well as a team member.
• Strong attention to detail, willingness to "roll up sleeves "; takes pride in producing polished, high quality and accurate work; has a positive can-do attitude to finish based on a foundation of consistent dependable work ethic.
• Proven ability to lead/deep-dive into various areas across LOBs/Functions, adaptable in his/her role.
• Able to drive consensus and develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders to achieve assigned goals.
• Presents regulatory, financial or technical intricacies in language and context that is easily understood by audience.
• Aspires to continually expand knowledge and drive meaningful results.
• Organizational savviness with ability to expand network across functions and levels of seniority.