Financial Governance and Controls Analyst
|Reference # :||21-01437||Title :||Financial Governance and Controls Analyst|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/18/2021 / 04/17/2022|
The Planning Governance & Controls role is an excellent opportunity for a results oriented individual to join Global FP&A based in New York and drive transformation efforts to strengthen governance, risk, and controls for FP&A and Finance globally.
The Planning Governance & Controls team is responsible for developing and enhancing governance processes to improve efficiency, transparency and control, as well as, ensure alignment with Major Global Bank standards and compliance with key regulatory requirements. In fulfilling this mandate, the team will collaborate closely with the planning execution and governance and control partners across Finance, Independent Risk Management and Internal Audit.
The team's responsibilities include development and maintenance of the policies, standards and procedures governing planning and forecasting processes; coordinating FP&A engagement with regulators and internal audit; overseeing FP&A issues management practices; overseeing consistent and compliant implementation of Manager's Control Assessment (MCA) practices for planning processes; supporting FP&A representation in governance and control forums such as the Finance Business, Risk, & Compliance Committee (BRCC); and providing advisory and support to Global FP&A and Finance leadership on Transformation strategy and execution.
• Contribute to the definition and documentation governance and control requirements for target state global forecasting processes, including drafting policies and procedures.
• Contribute to the design and implementation of an integrated policy structure for Planning, spanning strategic, business, and capital planning
• Structure and conduct workshops with senior stakeholders across Finance to agree on interim and end state governance and control requirements to achieve Planning transformation program objectives and related regulatory remediation efforts
• Build partnership with Finance COO and global/regional FP&A, Capital, Treasury, Risk, Strategy, and business stakeholders for their participation in the design and implementation of governance requirements.
• Develop oversight capacity for MCAs across Business Planning teams and define SMPs and/or EMPs for Business Planning processes.
• Lead efforts for the identification and enhancement of key controls and ensure monitoring tools are appropriate and effective to identify control deficiencies.
• Lead coordination of regulatory and audit engagements of Business Planning as needed.
• Provide project management and execution support to remediation and Transformation efforts related to governance and controls.
• Reporting of issues and trends for management follow up - summarize and present analysis in concise, thought-provoking and action driven manner.
• Lead the preparation of materials to governance and control forums (e.g., BRCC).
• Bachelors required, Masters preffered**
• Knowledge and experience with financial forecasting processes for a regulated financial services firm, through one or more lens of FP&A, CCAR, Treasury, Capital management, Risk Management or other related discipline
• Knowledge and experience with documentation, governance, risk management and control requirements and best practices for financial forecasting processes
• Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills to interface with all levels of management and across businesses and functions
• Leadership role driving programs in a matrix environment and driving agreement between multiple teams on contentious issues
• Consistent demonstration of clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, and effective presentation skills
• Strong executive presence and experience running senior level workshops
• Experience in writing policies and procedures, preferably for planning processes
• Proficient computer skills with a focus on Microsoft Office applications
Please see our complete list of jobs at: