|Reference # :||18-00188||Title :||Financial Analyst|
|Location :||LONG ISLAND CITY, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||02/19/2018 / 02/19/2019|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
We are looking for a Business Planning Manager that will be responsible for providing holistic financial support including: financial reporting, expense management, process payments, business metric analytics, and management presentations.
The successful candidate will have a background in business planning that includes finance background. Understanding of digital marketing is a plus.
The Global Digital Marketing team sits with company's Global Customer Digital Experience (CDE) team within organization Global Consumer Business (GCB).
The team's goal is to partner with regional teams to enable rapid growth of digital acquisitions across the Global Consumer Bank organization (including all markets – US, APAC, EMEA and Mexico) by providing an integrated, engaging and high converting sales and application experience to maximize revenue and manage cost efficiency for company.
Key responsibilities will include:
Business planning and financial support:
- Expense management, review, and analysis.
- Interact with senior management to present and discuss financial position on a monthly basis.
- Manage the analysis & preparation of monthly forecasts.
- Analyze monthly variances compared to budget and forecast.
- Produce and continually improve monthly and weekly reporting packages and processes.
- Identify and support strategic initiatives from a Financial Analysis perspective.
- Maintain budget version control and updates on a daily basis calibrated across all digital marketing channels and functions.
- Manage monthly invoice, payment and budget reconciliation process in partnership with finance.
- Implement and maintain effective budget QA and controls processes.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Strong experience in Finance background. The professional will play a role in a Business unit. Is key to have someone with Business understanding to support the Budget, Forecasting and Payment process. It's not pure Finance. It's a Finance view within the Business.
- The successful candidate will combine both skills: Finance background support different Business units with their weekly and monthly routines related to budget and planning.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or business administration.
- 5-8 years' work experience in business planning or related.
- Work experience in Financial Services is a plus.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- Experience in working within large-scale, highly matrix corporate environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across organization's international lines of business.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work in dynamic environment quickly adapting to changing priorities while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to lead projects proactively.
- Flexible approach; resilience to setbacks; creativity; sense of humor.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary