|Reference # :||21-01717||Title :||Financial Analyst|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/22/2021 / 03/31/2022|
Tampa, FL - must comply with Client's vaccine requirements, role will be hybrid schedule when campus reopens
Project Mgmt & Data Analytics Manager - Financial Services
As a bank with a brain and a soul, Major Global Bank creates economic value that is systemically responsible and in our clients' best interests. As a financial institution that touches every region of the world and every sector that shapes your daily life, our Enterprise Operations & Technology teams are charged with a mission that rivals any large tech company. Our technology solutions are the foundations of everything we do. We keep the bank safe and provide the technical tools our workers need to be successful. We design our digital architecture and ensure our platforms provide a first-class customer experience. Our operations teams manage risk, resources, and program management. We focus on enterprise resiliency and business continuity. We develop, coordinate, and execute strategic operational plans. Essentially, Enterprise Operations & Technology re-engineers client and partner processes to deliver excellence through secure, reliable, and controlled services.
Our strategic priorities, which include enhancing our safety and soundness standards, elevating both leadership and manager capabilities, as well as designing innovative solutions to eliminate pain points, enable us to continually raise the bar. We are implementing cutting-edge digital tools, exploring dynamic reporting capabilities and self-service platforms, and adopting forward compatible behaviors, all while modeling a customer-centric mindset. 90% of the CSS family calls one of our strategic hubs (Budapest, Costa Rica, Manila, Mumbai, and Tampa) home. Each hub offers a unique energy and a myriad of development and engagement opportunities, but the common attribute that cuts across them all is a strong sense of community. We are long-standing champions of diversity, which is consistently reflected in our decisions and actions. Our employees value meritocracy, demonstrate passion for growth and development, and model dignity and respect for all.
This position will join the team responsible for the managing of the Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) Reporting Processes within the Finance and Risk Shared Services (FRSS) US Regulatory Reporting. RWA utilizes the Balance Sheet in conjunction with risk data to risk weight the Bank's assets which serves as an input in the Bank's capital requirements to ensure the institution is well capitalized.
The candidate will work closely with the other team members to ensure the RWA results adhere to all controls and create required analytical support to key stakeholders in Capital Planning and Regulatory Reporting.
Key success factors for this position's ability to perform analytics on large datasets and ability to learn RWA calculations and Regulatory Reporting rules quickly. The candidate must be able to understand the numerical movements driven by the balance sheet and risk attributes to analyze the governance and control structure and be able to provide commentary that can be consumed by seniors and others outside the RWA team. The candidate must also be able to converse effectively with upstream data providers and even technology partners regarding potential data and process issues, including effective project management skills.
Our commitment to diversity includes a workforce that represents the clients we serve globally from all walks of life, backgrounds, and origins. We foster an environment where the best people want to work. We value and demand respect for others, promote individuals based on merit, and ensure opportunities for personal development are widely available to all. Ideal candidates are innovators with well-rounded backgrounds who bring their authentic selves to work and complement our culture of delivering results with pride. If you are a problem solver who seeks passion in your work, come join us. We'll enable growth and progress together.
• Support the analysis and governance of reports for Basel RWA Reporting based on US Regulatory requirements
• Perform governance and control over the analysis of RWA results identifying gaps and weaknesses
• Identify potential data quality issues and opportunities for improvements
• Generation of various reports that are consumed by partner organizations
• Work with large datasets to identify key drivers of movements and items that should be raised to better explain RWA governance and control issues
• Ideally leverage data analytics languages (such as R and Python) to manipulate large datasets and facilitate analysis nimbly and efficiently
• Manage and deliver productivity goals including financial targets as applicable.
• The ideal candidate will have 5+ year's work experience in finance, accounting and / or risk. Experience in project management, especially with large projects within complex operational environments. Solid team building and leadership track record.
• BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Math, or related field
• Experience using data science skills, analytical tools, SQL, R, SAS, or Python a strong bonus
• Project management skills and experience with process definitions, reviews, and redesign
• Ability to consume data from various sources, aggregate and create a clear and concise story
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to quickly develop advanced solutions in MS Excel and Access (or other database front end query applications) required
• Possess quantitative analysis and data preparation and interpretation skills, knowledge of and experience working with large datasets will be very useful for this role
• Exposure to Banking products, the Financial Services Industry and/or Financial Planning and Analysis is a plus but not necessary
• An understanding of Banking Regulatory Reporting concepts is a strong plus
• Knowledge about Risk Weighted Assets and other regulatory indicators is a strong plus, but not a requirement
• Ability to learn quickly and take initiative in self-development
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks, work well as part of a team, and exhibit strong people and influencing skills
• Self-motivated with ability to make decisions and maintain a controlled environment.
• Willingness to work flexible hours or in an Alternative Workspace (AWS) environment.
• Ability to multi-task, be proactive and goal oriented.
• Strong attention to detail, ability to produce a polished, high quality, accurate product; tireless work ethic with ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks, escalate or voice concerns or questions and exhibit strong people skills