|Reference # :||21-01251||Title :||Financial Analyst|
|Location :||GETZVILLE, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/20/2021 / 03/19/2022|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Assistant Vice President - GLM (Open)
The Global Liquidity Management (GLM) team is a part of the Treasury organization that provides oversight and analysis of Client's liquidity position. The team is responsible for monitoring, forecasting, managing and reporting on Client's liquidity position, and works with all levels within the company to establish and implement liquidity initiatives to improve Client's liquidity profile and risk management processes. In this capacity the team influences strategic and tactical decisions that impact liquidity and assists with coordination of funding across businesses. In coordination with Planning & Analysis and Treasury Capital Management, Central Resolution and Recovery team; GLM ensures a consistent view of the balance sheet, liquidity and capital management. In addition, GLM works globally with country and business treasurers to implement funding and liquidity plans. Finally, the team maintains an active and open dialogue on liquidity matters with regulators, rating agencies, investor relations and industry groups, and provides training on asset and liability management to our constituents.
The Model Implementation team acts as the business representative in the implementation and transformation projects related to liquidity model development and redesign. Acting in close coordination with the Finance Transformation, Technology and Operations; the group defines business requirements for new developments such as assumption changes, creation of new metrics, reporting enhancements, and the deployment of business intelligence tools and dashboards.
Additionally, by holding the data expertise the group acts as a critical contributor on strategic projects supporting regulatory feedback and/or internal business developments.
As part of the team, you will be involved in key initiatives including, but not limited to, the ILST redesign project. This multi-year initiative focuses on methodology and reporting enhancements of the firm's Internal Liquidity Stress Test. Expansion of core capabilities is one of the top priorities for Client Treasury in 2020. Given this focus, you will be provided will an exceptional level of senior management exposure and will have the opportunity to contribute to large cross-functional projects involving partners across the Client's Treasury, Risk, Technology and Operations teams.
• Support the overall liquidity reporting change management process from data sourcing to end use, for both new reporting capabilities and existing capabilities undergoing enhancement
• Partner with Treasurers and reporting services teams to understand process pain points and seek solutions that deliver measurable benefits; foster an environment of continuous improvement
• Partner with colleagues in Treasury, Operations, Data Services and O&T on responses to regulatory requests, ensuring consistent communication across the firm
• Support the development of scalable solutions in anticipation of future regulatory reporting requirements
• Review and sign-off on Minor Development Documents (MDD)
• Employ best practices in developing business requirements documentation through collaboration with subject matter experts in various domains (Technology, Treasury business, Financial reporting and Controllers)
• Ensure the groups operate in a well-organized and auditable framework that will satisfy Internal Audit and Regulatory reviews
• Conduct necessary testing and provide signoffs on the implemented solutions
• Additional Job Description
Additional Job Description
This role will require the individual to develop subject matter expertise as there will be recurring interface with the corresponding Treasury and business teams. Additionally, the individual will be required build knowledge of the regulatory and internal liquidity requirements applicable to the products, including business stress test assumptions and applicable US and local regulations.
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree; Graduate level degree a plus
• 2 + years of experience in Financial Services required
• Familiarity with balance sheet reports and understanding of broader liquidity management concepts
• Strong problem solving skills with the ability to identify key issues, gather facts and develop actionable recommendations
• Self-starter, strong attention to detail and willingness to, "roll up sleeves” to master the liquidity subject matter at a detailed business level to enhance value add during business requirements discussions
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Ability to work with individuals at various levels of the organization
• Ability to work as individual contributor as well as team player
• Highly organized work to meet audit and risk control requirements from potential audit and regulatory reviews
• Diagnostic skills to support production daily processes and responding to issues reported by the business in a fast paced environment that requires immediate decision making and actions to resolve issues.
• Experience with process mapping, including understanding the "As Is Process” and designing/outlining the End State process
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with full proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, including past experience creating senior management level presentations.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including VBA, reference functions and data analysis
• Familiarity with quantitative analysis and modeling concepts
• Working knowledge of SharePointt
Please see our complete list of jobs at: