Developer - Python, Spark, Java
|Reference # :||20-00151||Title :||Developer - Python, Spark, Java|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||02/03/2020|
|Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.|
The Capital Markets Data Strategy team is building a next generation Data system to solve the evolving Business, Analytical and Regulatory needs of Major Global Bank. The system will bring together disparate data sources for the Global Markets organization and enable industry-leading analytics, client reporting, regulatory, surveillance, supervisory reporting(s) and data science solutions. It will also provide enhanced data quality controls , completeness and accuracy, reconciliations, entitlements, performance, management of data retention and archival per regulatory guidelines.
As part of this program build out the team are developing best in class applications to meet these use cases and managing complex data\application migrations to the Architecture.
Candidate has the opportunity to be a contributor to the Major Global Bank Markets Data Strategy and contribute towards the goal of increasing revenue by providing key analytics/MIS/metrics for decision making, whilst also improving regulatory quality and accuracy. The candidate will work directly with bright and innovative individuals on both the business and technology side, giving broad exposure to front-to-back trade processing and electronic trading across all asset classes. The successful candidate can make a significant difference to business performance.
- Develop programs to onboard Data from Messaging middleware to the data store
- Setup Data Quality Monitoring rules
- Developing programs to migrate Historical Data from legacy platforms to the Big-data platform
- Develop programs to do EOD reconciliations
- Provide SME support for development of automated QA scripts
- Setup monitoring and management for services
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- 5+years of Development experience with expertise in the following:
o Spring Boot/microservices
o Hadoop Ecosystem
- A history of delivering against agreed objectives
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to pick up new concepts and apply the knowledge.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach with willingness to learn
- Excellent analytical and process-based skills, i.e. process flow diagrams, business modelling, and functional design;
- The candidate is expected to be dynamic, flexible with a high energy level as this is a demanding and rapidly changing environment
Please see our complete list of jobs at: