|Reference # :||17-02095||Title :||Developer Network|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||01/01/2018 / 12/31/2018|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Deliver software solutions that improve business decision making and management of the network environment.
- Patriciate in daily stand up, sprint planning and sprint retrospective meetings
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following a scrum agile methodology.
- Perform and participate in code reviews.
- Paired and Individual programming
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Work in a fast pace agile environment. Analyzing Information, Software Design, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Teamwork, General Programming Skills, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements, Software Architecture, Coaching.
Provide expert level technical support on conference calls with cross functional partners throughout the technology organization. Conduct in depth technical investigations of ongoing incidents involving software solutions and automation.
Collaborate directly with Global Network Integration and Architecture & Technology Engineering teams on large-scale projects. This includes design reviews for technical soundness and operational supportability of proposed deployments.
Maintain written operational procedures for the network software. This includes document reviews at predefined intervals, ad-hoc procedure updates in response to operational events, and consistently high quality document management so that they are ready for audit and compliance scrutiny at any time.
Perform pre-defined configuration assurance and standard build checks to satisfy risk, control and "Safety & Soundness” initiatives as part of proactive configuration management of all network managed infrastructure. This includes validating proper configuration on all redundant device pairs, validating all infrastructure is configured in accordance with documented engineering standards, and formulating remediation plans when exceptions are identified.
Escalate solution design and architectural issues to Architecture Network Engineering teams for further analysis. Work collaboratively with engineering counterparts to achieve a design solution to the issues identified during the course of working through operational incidents. Evaluate issues for 'global exposure' relative to the install base of the hardware and software solution in question. Ensure the remediation plan accounts for remediation of the full exposure.
Qualifications / Requisite Knowledge Base
1) 5+ years developing software solutions with an object oriented programming language such as java, c++, .net, etc.
2) 2+ years building modern responsive web user interfaces using ReactJS or Angular web frameworks Angular
3) Demonstrate the ability to write production ready code
4) 2+ years of automating network management processes (OS Upgrades, configuration changes, etc.) with HPNA, Solar winds, etc.
5) 5+ years building Relational (SQL) and Non-relational databases (NOSQL)
6) Strong working knowledge of Python, Nagios and API programming
8) Some working knowledge of Cisco routers and switches, WANs, (T1, T3, MPLS)
9) Some working knowledge of three of the following routing protocols: EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, RIP
10) Strong working knowledge of application performance analysis tools and other mechanisms for maximizing application performance across enterprise networks.
11) Language Skills beyond English are a plus. Areas of need: Spanish, Portuguese.
General Attributes, Characteristics, and Capabilities
1) Highly assertive communications skills, commanding personality. Ability to engage a large audience and lead the discussion with clear, articulate, and highly assertive communication. Must be aggressive but also professional. Must show confidence in all communications so that key stake holders are not doubtful of the information being communicated.
2) Effective prioritization skills and high energy. Ability to work in a fast-paced operations environment. Ability to work under pressure with conflicting priorities and a fluctuating and potentially voluminous operational and project based workload.
3) Ability to articulate technical information to large audience with various levels of technical knowledge base, including a business management audience that may lack a deep technical understanding of internetworking technology solutions. Ability to drive communication between business leaders and IT. Must exhibit sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information with inherent confidence.
4) High sense of urgency and commitment to exceeding customer expectations. Strong personal work ethic, inspires excellence and enthusiasm amongst peer group
5) Resilient and highly responsive in overcoming adversity, ability to work through a multitude of challenges/obstacle in order to achieve the desired end result
6) Ability and willingness to operate within tightly controlled operational procedures. Proficiency in managing customer satisfaction requirements within the confines or operational procedures to achieve a suitable outcome for all stakeholders.
7) Demonstrated technical competencies and history of increased responsibilities during previous three years. Strong dedication towards continual growth and self-improvement including year-over-year progression in industry certifications and overall technical proficiencies and knowledge base.
8) Strong analytical, organizational, written and interpersonal skills
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary