Design Strategist, Ventures Studio
|Reference # :||17-01558||Title :||Design Strategist, Ventures Studio|
|Location :||San Francisco, CA|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/16/2017 / 10/15/2018|
Major Global Bank Ventures’ mission is to drive customer-focused innovation and cultural transformation that delivers new growth and value for Major Global Bank. We invest in startups, pilot new technologies, and test new solutions and business models with the potential to transform the future of financial services. The Ventures Studio at Major Global Bank Ventures is seeking a talented Design Strategist who wants to be at the forefront of that transformation, helping conceive, design, and develop transformative experiences. The position is based in San Francisco and will report to the Head of the Ventures Studio.
As a Design Strategist, you are obsessed with the intersection of unmet customer problems and changing market conditions where the opportunity to create new solutions and businesses lives. You are hard-wired to pursue customer problems down to their purest expression, and to articulate the impact of new solutions simply and powerfully to customers and business stakeholders alike. Your passion for simplicity and clarity extends into business model design—to you, innovation in customer experience and business models travel together. As a member of the Ventures Studio, you’ll work in a hands-on, collaborative environment in pursuing high priority growth areas for the company, where value will only be unlocked through the ability to separate signal from noise and identify counter-intuitive, non-obvious product and service strategies. You’ll work closely with a range of internal and external partners to design business cases that illustrate the power of partnership—extending and embedding the value Major Global Bank creates for customers through new paths to market.
- You're actively involved in defining the areas of focus for the Ventures Studio.
- You think in terms of designing systems that elevate experience and business model design.
- You are the voice of the customer, and have the ability to deeply understand the customers’ mindset.
- You obsess over getting to the heart of problems and pursuing opportunities past the obvious—past conventional wisdom—and into the unexpected, where competitive differentiation lives.
- You constantly push the limits of your own understanding by drawing on advancements and experiences from other domains, regions, and times.
- Your team collaboration skills are unparalleled.
- You thrive in an iterative environment with short feedback loops.
- You see ambiguity and the unexpected as opportunity.
- 5+ years experience in product management or at a startup or within a world-class product team at a large technology company, or 5+ years design strategy experience at a top tier design agency.
- Demonstrated record of bringing to market new products, services, or business models that were the result of a new insight into customer behavior, market dynamics, or both.
- Demonstrated ability to build a case and win support for the pursuit of non-obvious problem or opportunity areas, with the potential to create or capture new customers or new market.
- Ability to synthesize changes in technology, customer behavior, and business model in clear and accessible writing and powerful and persuasive visualizations.
- Ability to manage internal and external partner-facing deliverables with minimal oversight, and to present those to colleagues and cross functional stakeholders independently.
- Great presentation and communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to utilize design to solve and overcome communication challenges, such as stakeholder management between design, product, engineering.
- Empathetic champion for your audience and customer.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary