|Reference # :||20-01334||Title :||Database Architect|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||01/04/2021 / 01/04/2023|
Special Education Student Information System (SESIS)
The Division of Specialized Instruction and Student Support (DSISS) is seeking an experienced Database Architect to be part of the MIS/Analytics Team to support data and reporting for students with disabilities in all school settings, including remote learning settings as a result of COVID-19. As a result of COVID-19 and implementation of Remote learning for all students, new processes and data systems are emerging to support monitoring and supporting students with disabilities in remote settings
The Division of Specialized Instruction and Student Support (DSISS) is seeking an Expert Database Architect to be part of the MIS, Reporting and Analytics Team. DSISS is engaged in a multi-year, system-wide reform of special education and is building the capacity to close the achievement gap and improve compliance with key special education indicators.
Under the direction of the Director of Data, Reporting and Analytics, the Database Architect will provide technical oversight for the Data Mart Development team in architecting, designing, building, and enhancing data warehousing and data mart services for the Special
Education Office based on business requirements and
priorities in accordance with standard development
practices. Integrates the established Software Development
methodology into the daily practice of the team to ensure
applications deliver the benefits and capabilities as defined
by Special Education Office.
• Analyzes the business requirements of the user
community and then clearly defines the strategic
data requirements for the division and designs the
appropriate conceptual, logical and physical data
models required to support the diverse reporting
needs of the Special Education Office.
• Work with senior management & stakeholders to
build the strategic informational roadmap for the
Special Education Office in regard to data modeling,
data management and advanced data analytics
• Design and develop Information Architecture,
information models and flows, data dictionaries,
data standards, and data quality standards and
• Establishes standards and guidelines for the design &
development, tuning, deployment and maintenance
of information, advanced data analytics, and text
• Develop architecture diagrams and visual depiction
of architecture, functional and process views using
modeling tools such as Visio, Erwin, etc.
• Build, manage, and maintain reference model of
data such as metadata, master data, data
dictionaries, and data lineage
• Create and implement the data models and database
designs required to support the growing operational
reporting needs of the division.
• Independently design, develop and implement
databases and/or data marts that will be used to
feed operational dashboards on a daily, weekly and
• Ensure that all database designs conform to
appropriate data modeling standards, guidelines,
internal best practices and approved modeling
techniques and approaches.
• Liaise with the all other data management groups
within the DOE to ensure that there is consistency
with existing systems and that minimum reporting
standards are met.
• Actively participate in working sessions to help
define system requirements pertaining to the design
and building phases for all data related systems.
• Assist in maintaining an enterprise-level data dictionary by documenting all entities, their relationships and all relevant attributes for all reporting systems designed to support the Special Education Office.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: