|Reference # :||20-00327||Title :||Database Architect|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||05/21/2020 / 05/21/2022|
This position will fill a key role on priority projects in support of the New York State Office of Mental Health's mission. This position will be responsible for working as part of an architecture team to design and develop the structure of the database for critical systems. This position will also be responsible for software development activities such as writing back end code, unit testing, triaging and troubleshooting bugs and incidents, and system design. In addition, this position will work with junior team members to mentor them on standards and best practices of database design and development. Finally, this position will be required to assist in the creation of technical documentation and support materials.
Daily Tasks will include but not limited to the following:
1. Write complex queries in PL/SQL
2. Write migration scripts to deploy code to secure environments.
3. Develop scripts for automating support and maintenance processes for multiple applications.
Diagnose and troubleshoot problems in the database environment related to database code and/or structure.
5. Design database solutions in accordance with system functional and non-functional requirements.
6. Work with Business Analysts to refine requirements to ensure they meet the needs of users and align with technical standards and best practices.
7. Attend and participate in meetings with project technical teams to ensure proposed solutions align with standards and best practices.
8. Inform database development standards and best practices.
9. Mentor junior developers
Please see our complete list of jobs at: