Database Administrator 3
|Reference # :||21-00243||Title :||Database Administrator 3|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||03/01/2021|
Implement and manage vendor or open-source database software. Write Code, monitor and tune database objects for optimal performance. Perform capacity planning, usage forecasting and in-depth technical review. Provide future-looking and day-to-day database administration support as needed. Make recommendations on technical direction. Act as escalation contact for database admin 1 and 2. Serve as a technical resource for other teams as needed.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or Computer Science plus 8 years of relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of the following software, languages and tools:
- PL/SQL, T-SQL and/or ANSI SQL
- SQL Management Studio, OEM Grid
- Visual Studio/BI Development studio
- MS Analysis Services, Integration Services, Reporting Services
- SQL Developer or similar
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix and/or windows server administration. Working knowledge of various office related software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. Strong experience administering multiple relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Ability to set priorities and follow project schedules, execute and explain plans.
- Scripting skills (PowerShell, php, python, ruby, Perl, etc.). Knowledge of TCP/IP connectivity over an Ethernet based network.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Strong organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to work with and communicate with people of various knowledge levels from the very technical to the casual user.
- Must be very detail oriented.
- Experience with any of the following technologies is preferred:
-Clustering and/or HA database configurations and management.
-Database Schema architecture.
- Act as a point of contact for database vendors whose applications Client has licensed.
- Install database software on servers as needed. Monitor, download and apply upgrades, updates and fixes for supported databases. Monitor databases for performance and issues.
- Configure backup processes. Restore data when needed. Design, implement and integrate database and database systems as needed.
- Provide before, after hours and weekend support for migrations, updates, fixes and issues as needed. Address database or performance issues that are forwarded. Respond to any issues as well as updating status during ongoing issues.
- Provide technical assistance and consulting to functional areas and other teams around Client on problems that may be database related.
- Optimize and secure data related services that are integrated with the database systems managed. Modify entity relationship diagrams as needed.
- Design, develop and maintain database solutions for new projects and product upgrades, ETL solutions for data interfaces.
- Design, develop and maintain and test disaster recovery plans for production databases.
- Support, troubleshoot and resolve database and data related issues.
- Administer database-level security as needed.
- Maintain installation documentation. Maintain documentation on any modifications to default installation of various databases.
- Adhere to published standards and procedures, such as naming conventions, security, programming conventions, code walkthroughs, testing conventions and migration processes.
- Propose and/or establish new procedures and policies as needed. Generate/validate system performance statistics for reporting to management. Update operations and user documentation as needed.
- Script or create simple programs to automate daily operational tasks
- Improve Database administration team internal standards and processes to promote increased quality, performance and customer service.
- Provide technical assistance to team members as needed.
- Setup database installations as needed.
May be required to travel with overnight stays.
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com