Data Steward Analyst/Multiple Roles/Investment Bank
|Reference # :||21-01191||Title :||Data Steward Analyst/Multiple Roles/Investment Bank|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/13/2021 / 09/12/2022|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Data Steward Analysts
There are multiple roles; Contract with Right-to-Hire; Based in Tampa-remote until business as usual.
The Data Quality and Governance organization within Capital Markets is responsible for driving a data architecture in order to deliver front to back design, identify gaps, and implement a robust governance framework across Client. A key focus is on Data Quality including completeness, accuracy and timeliness across data flows.
The Data Steward function is new team that will provide oversight for the use, management, and integrity of the data across its lifecycle with a focus on improving siloed approaches to data. The function will be responsible for governance and oversight of Clients data set in order to improve and maintain the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the data. The team will work closely with business process owners, operations and data custodians in the Capital Markets technology organization to ensure that corporate, Clients data governance processes are followed for their respective subject-areas and domains. As such, the right resource will have experience acting as a point of accountability for data content and quality that is consumed, processed and distributed. The candidate will provide oversight of the change management processes for data models and data distribution channels. The candidate will have experience with products that support the governance process e.g. data dictionaries, logical and physical lineage tracing, CDE identification and registration, and governance workflow.
• Build and improve the data landscape through:
o CDE identification, registration and mapping with application stack and inbound and outbound systems
o Lineage documentation including mapping of physical data elements to CDEs across system data flow
o Assessment and validation of data quality dimensions and control environment to understand where in the lineage controls exist and provide transparency into gaps
o Ensuring adherence to Client's Data Management Policy
• Partner extensively with Sr Data Stewards for respective applications across the group.
• A strong understanding of data lifecycle management, data modelling, master data management and carrying out business audits and requirements gathering
• Strong Reference Data domain knowledge
• Strong preference for financial services industry experience
• Strong understanding of the business requirements that drive data quality, translating those requirements into quality rules for execution in the data flow.
• Ability to work with system users to define requirements
• Experience within a data governance program with knowledge of data governance practices
• Data analysis skills with the capability of identifying data quality issues and correlating those issues with data specifications and quality rules
• Excellent project management skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong ability to communicate information, business process and system wide changes to a technical and nontechnical audience
• Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
• Ability to work with technical and nontechnical staff
Please see our complete list of jobs at: