|Reference # :||19-00232||Title :||Data Analyst/Programmer|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||05/07/2019 / 05/06/2021|
Based on Governor's Office priorities, there are crucial initiatives that benefit New York State Higher Education Services (HESC) and are part of the ITS/HESC project portfolio. This position will supplement the GLP DB staff for governor initiatives resulting from the 2019 NYS Budget and that effect HESC's Grants and Scholarship programs.
- Build and maintain a data architecture based on the requirements.
- Design and develop Logical and Physical Data Model using ER Studio Data Architect. Create DDL scripts to establish and maintain necessary databases.
- Write complex SQL queries against SQL Server and DB2 databases. Create DML scripts to manipulate data.
- Work with project managers, solution architects, business analysts, application development teams and QA to ensure the quality of DDL and DML scripts.
- Performance tuning SQL to improve efficiency.
- Working with NYS Agency representatives to develop gap analysis specifications and understand Agency business rules.
- Provide guidance and hands-on development for developing and maintaining queries in QMF for Workstation.
- Create clear and accurate documentation on data models, and description of data usage in the application process flow.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary