Credit Risk Lead
|Reference # :||21-01629||Title :||Credit Risk Lead|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/29/2021 / 11/28/2022|
Title: SVP, Basel IV – Credit Risk lead
Basel IV – Credit Risk lead and subject matter expert is a role supporting program execution to ensure timely regulatory compliance for capital calculations that encompass program governance, controls, processes, system implementation and regulatory reporting.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate proven ability to work together with multiple stakeholders across Independent Risk, Finance, Technology, Legal and Compliance. The candidate must be able to work effectively in a cross-functional environment without close supervision and with colleagues who may not be in the same geographic location. The role requires strong analytical, interpersonal and leadership skills that rely on influence and building effective partnerships to execute our business plans and controls in a systematic, measurable, and effective way.
The candidate will join a dynamic environment that offers numerous opportunities to learn, grow, impact and drive changes for the enterprise.
• Support execution of U.S. Basel III Finalization (aka Basel IV) requirements, for identified risk stripes including Credit Risk Wholesale and Retail (Standardized and Advanced), in close collaboration with Risk, Business and Technology partners
• Provide regulatory capital subject patter expertise in Basel III and upcoming Basel IV reforms, peer/ industry trends, data & processes
• Drive program implementations to ensure timely regulatory compliance for capital calculations that encompass program governance, controls, processes, system implementation and regulatory reporting
• Direct analysis of efforts to define requirements, assess data quality, synthesize findings, produce recommendations, and document project artifacts as per established Governance guidelines. Maintain decision-based agendas and forums for senior managers and ensure actions and issues are clearly understood and tracked to resolution
• Provide input to design and implementation of new RWA calculations and reporting process, ensuring that those are well-defined, transparent, and documented in a comprehensive manner
• Develop a strong working relationship with Finance, Independent Risk, Front Office, Technology, Audit, and other counterparts across the organization.
• Creating ad hoc Senior Management-ready materials including interpretive guidance presentations to Lines of Businesses, Committees, and Regulators as necessary.
• Identify potential process improvements and capabilities to increase consistency, transparency, and reliability of RWA calculation and reporting process.
• Ensure continuous compliance with relevant capital management policies, rules and regulations.
• Partner with Technology to drive and implement reporting process enhancements and smooth production execution.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. Master's degree preferred
• 5-10 years of relevant experience
• Comprehensive understanding of Standardized and Advanced US regulatory capital rules for Wholesale and Retail exposures
• Prior experience implementing Basel RWA rules in large financial institutions preferred
• Full understanding of the lifecycle of Wholesale and Retail exposures, and strong understanding of regulatory capital best practices and controls, and interdependencies between Banking and Trading Book exposures across different risk stripes
• Well-developed listening skills and a strong ability to engage at the senior management level
• Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues/requests
• Strong Influencing skills with the ability to mediate discussions and draw consensus
• Outstanding analytical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills with proven ability to translate complex concepts user-friendly language for multiple audiences (e.g., senior management, internal constituents, and regulators)
• Ability to manage and develop junior staff
• Strong project management and multi-tasking skills to plan, manage and prioritize deliverables towards number of competing objectives
• Solid Microsoft Office skills
Please see our complete list of jobs at: