Core Java Engineer
|Reference # :||16-00811||Title :||Core Java Engineer|
|Location :||Raleigh, NC|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||07/08/2016|
Top tier investment bank is seeking a Java Engineer for the following:
Job/ Role Description
As a Java engineer in the Reporting and Analytics division you will work with senior engineers in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from requirements specification to high-level system design, to implementation, documentation, and maintenance. This role will include significant client interaction. You will be required to assist in estimation and develop task specifications based on functional and nonfunctional requirements provided by business analysts. You will also be required to mentor junior developers and lead a small project team. Finally, you will be expected to contribute to the improvement of development and engineering processes, be a leader on the technical team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Hands on Senior Java Engineer to architect, design and implement systems on the analytics platform.
- Extensive, professional hands on software development experience, using Java and open source technologies.
- Experience leading other developers and guiding technical projects
- Create automated test plans and write tests
- Ability to troubleshoot, performance tune and understand java memory utilization in code produced
- Design and implement user authentication and security features
- Collaborate with business analysts and back-end developers to define functional requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Rapidly design, prototype and iterate on creative concepts to meet the user requirements
- Maintain a delivery-orientated approach to developing the reports and their supporting tools & data infrastructure.
- Work with cross-functional teams consisting of domain and technical architects along with Testing/Support teams to deliver the end product
- Coordinating information exchange, understanding business problems, analyzing data, and defining system and business process requirements
Skill set Qualifications:
- Strong Experience with core Java, JEE.
- In-depth knowledge with Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns.
- In-depth knowledge with technologies such as Web Services, XML, JSON, HTTP, SSL, TCP/IP, Caching.
- Strong knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Experience with messaging systems
- Significant experience on JVM tuning.
- Experience with multi-threaded distributed systems
- Experience with Data Modeling, relational database and SQL
- Experience with database development (SQL, MySQL, NoSQL)
- Experience with legacy application transformation/modernization efforts.
- Familiar with OS X, Linux, Shell Scripts
- Working knowledge of architectural frameworks and practices.
- Substantial exposure to enterprise infrastructure, data processing, enterprise software applications.
- Technical experience across multiple technology domains/platforms.
- Experience of being involved in delivering large scale distribute systems
- Development of reusable Java client libraries.
- Preferred: Spring MVC/Struts 2/JSF/JPA/Hibernate/Oracle Database.
- Ability to articulate ideas and/or explain complex technical issues such that both technical and non-technical addressees understand.
- Ability to advise, set, and apply standards; development methodologies, coding standards, etc.