Core Java Developer
|Reference # :||18-00424||Title :||Core Java Developer|
|Location :||Jersey City, NJ|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||04/09/2018 / 01/08/2019|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
This team is responsible for the design and build-out (and ongoing support) of a global, multi-product, multi-entity operational margin system used to service our business areas. Our system is built using state of the art design and technologies, runs 24 x 6, processes a billion+ transactions monthly, services 200+ users and interacts with 50+ systems in batch and real-time. We provide a variety of utilities (online, workflow, electronic, reporting) to facilitate a scalable and controlled operational environment for our clients.
The incumbent will be a senior backend developer responsible for executing on the day-to-day technical work needed to define, design and develop our new platform.
- Understand the business area and user requirements
- Study and understand the existing programs
- Perform program design, coding, unit testing, and integration testing
- Design reusable frameworks
- Involve in production issues, investigate and provide solutions.
- Evaluate and Recommend new technologies and updating versions of existing ones.
- 7 + years of experience as a Senior Developer
- Working knowledge of financial products across a wide spectrum of asset classes
- Experience in working for financial services organization as a developer
- A do whatever it takes attitude, a dedication to quality, and complete attention to details
Mandatory Technical requirements:
- Core Java - At least 5 years hands-on experience in the Java Technologies
- Advanced level SQL - Experience working in RDBMS(Oracle) or another major RDBMS system
- Strong in technology concepts and best practices.
- Multi-threading / Collections
- Spring / Hibernate
- Rest and API design
- Shell Scripting
- Real time messaging
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to resolve complex issues
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Production mentality and strong sense of ownership
- Knowledge of banking, financial markets is desired.
- Strong communication skills
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary