Core Java Developer/eTrading
|Reference # :||21-00242||Title :||Core Java Developer/eTrading|
|Location :||Jersey City, NJ|
|Position Type :||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||03/01/2021|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Key skill: Requires expert level proficiency in core Java and excellent communications skills. Familiarity with Kafka, Flink a plus.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to be part of eTrading systems development team with development and analysis responsibility for the Global Spread Products Etrading and Algo platforms. The person will support the GSP Etrading and Algo businesses in New York, London and Asia.
The team delivers eTrading strategy & provides market connectivity, price distribution, order management, RFQ management, Algo trading capability and STP for global spread products business across all products. This role is for an individual who will leverage his/her skills to deliver solutions related to global spread products trading business's electronic trading implementations with key architectural and design decisions in the build out of global eTrading and Algo platform.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with external market contacts in a fast paced environment dedicated to delivering business value and to enhancing our competitive edge.
- Design & development of eTrading and Algo platforms to ensure stability, simplify environment & deliver strategic solutions
- Supporting and enhancing the existing infrastructure and applications across a variety of technologies (Java8, Spring Framework)
- Design and develop a state-of-the-art cloud-native platform with containerized applications using modern stream processing and cloud technologies (Flink, Openshift)
- Participate in the application development life cycle and drive engineering excellence
- Balancing time to market (client delivery) with proper governance, compliance, and audit mandates
- Colleagues in Technology teams supporting horizontal technology initiatives in the bank including pricing, ecommerce, eTrading, reference data, market risk, trade capture and middle-office
- FO Production support
- Markets, ECNs & Brokers
- Experience in building, testing, maintaining, and supporting large scale applications. Experience with following good development standards and practice is a plus
- Previous experience of delivering electronic trading solutions & with real-time Fixed Income pricing and eTrading is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new business concepts and technologies quickly and thoroughly
- Experience working as part of a large multi-region team
- Experience in connectivity and market protocols such as FIX is a plus
- Previous experience in the financial industry is essential.
- Knowledge of GSP products such as Bonds, Loans, CDS/CDX, Index Tranches, & CDO is a plus.
- Expert level proficiency in core Java
- Familiarity with Kafka, Flink a plus
- Strong experience on distributed applications and architecture
- UNIX / Linux
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player, Collaborative
- Multitasking -manages own workslate
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Innovator -drives the adoption of new approaches, solutions, and tools
- Degree from an accredited institution with a relevant major (Computer Science, Information Systems)
- Knowledge of electronic and/or algorithmic trading a plus
- Knowledge of GSP markets
- Ability to own and drive projects while collaborating with peers and other Technology teams
- Balancing time to market (client delivery) with proper Governance, Compliance, and Audit mandates
Please see our complete list of jobs at: