Compliance Risk Analyst
|Reference # :||19-00643||Title :||Compliance Risk Analyst|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||08/12/2019 / 03/11/2020|
Key Activities – Please list in order of importance/time spent (highest to lowest)
Serves as a senior compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Major Global Bank program framework.
Key Activities include:
- Participating in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
o Manage and maintain policy-related web-based control applications, including Major Global Bank Policy Directory, Policy Management Dashboard and other systems
o Develop and manage new systems and system enhancements, including future state requirements and BRD drafting, and support the development of related systems
- Translating ICRM strategy and goals across Major Global Bank's clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; provide direction and guidance on the programs. Serves as a subject matter expert on Major Global Bank's Compliance programs.
o Provide ongoing direction and support across business, function and region lines to administrators, including regular calls, communications, and support materials
- Providing oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex issues, structuring potential solutions and driving effective resolution with other stakeholders.
o Liaise with IT management and support and website administrative users regarding maintenance, design enhancements and issue resolution
- Identifying and assessing Major Global Bank's key compliance risks. Ensuring compliance risks within Major Global Bank are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank's risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
o Design, manage and execute control maintenance and testing
- Monitoring adherence to Major Global Bank's Compliance Risk Policies and measuring compliance risk through a robust control framework and ensuring that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to confirm that controls identified are operating effectively.
- Preparing, editing and maintaining Compliance program related materials.
o Maintain, distribute and oversee follow-up of monthly policy metrics report
- Performing complex analyses of comparative data, preparing and presenting regional and global reports related to compliance risk assessments, and monitoring of compliance related issues.
o Develop and analyze policy metrics, information and reporting
- Partnering, collaborating and working with other areas within Major Global Bank, as necessary.
o Work with other control system owners to integrate policy applications with other systems with policy-related data and information
o Serve as point of escalation and management for issues related to policy web-based systems, processes and controls
o Matrix manage a team of QA personnel and QA process to maintain complete, reliable policy information for all Major Global Bank employees and senior management reporting
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Additional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
and/or relevant experience(s) Required: Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof, experience with application management, data reporting and analysis
Preferred: Advanced degree a plus
Knowledge and skills
(general and technical) Required:
- Excellent Excel skills (pivots, vlookups, basic, etc) and PowerPoint
- Proficient in other MS Office applications
- Experience working with complicated data, strong analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive;
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions
through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units;
- Ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures
- Strong project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple
projects at one time
- Advanced knowledge in area of focus
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary