Compliance Analyst - AML
|Reference # :||19-00695||Title :||Compliance Analyst - AML|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||08/19/2019 / 02/18/2020|
The Compliance Analyst is responsible for reviewing AML Investigations and Suspicious Activity Reports ("SAR”) to determine if the client relationship at the Major Global Bank should be maintained or terminated. Cases are worked from beginning to completion in accordance with relevant Major Global Bank AML policies and procedures.
Post Investigation cases stem from sources which include:
1. Escalations from the Financial Intelligence Unit ("FIU”) Investigations team
2. Client-On boarding and Maintenance and Transaction monitoring referrals based on positive name matches on the Name Screening Tool ("Red Flags List”)
3. Referrals from business partners and other control areas
4. Referrals from AML Legal and AML Compliance Risk Management ("ACRM”)
- Document and review the account closure recommendation and prepare case files with the required supporting documentation (e.g. media search results, responses from the business, results from internal system searches etc.)
- Reviews the documentation compiled by the Investigations Analyst and determines if it substantiates a recommendation to exit the client.
- Conduct research on the available Bank systems, the Internet and Commercial Databases consistent with the resolution of the Post Investigation case review.
- Review Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and recommend relationship retention or termination and track account closures as required.
- Interact with Senior Management in Compliance, Legal and the business concerning the AML issues which led to the account closure recommendation/decision.
- Document all research and analysis conducted in the Case Management System.
- Follow-up with additional Point(s) of Contact (POC) as needed to identify additional information in support of the account closure case.
- Liaise with other FIU units, Advisory, Business Compliance teams, CSIS, FIU Legal, GIU, and AML Legal
- May provide direction to more junior staff.
- Four Year College Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1 - 5 years of experience in reviewing customer transactions and information for identifying potentially suspicious activity and performing AML or fraud reviews/investigations.
- Experience in reviewing and or writing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements and/or performing AML or financial investigations preferred
- Work experience in a financial institution with job specific work experience in AML.
- Knowledgeable of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements preferred
- General understanding of Senior Public Figures, Money Service Businesses, Wealth Management and Retail Banking preferred.
- Established business knowledge and comprehension of financial products.
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Excellent research skills including experience with online search tools.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Strong writing, analytical and communications skills. Must be able to multitask and complete projects on time.
- Ability to understand and draw conclusions from research conducted.
- Should be a self-starter, and organized, and must have the ability to work independently, without supervision.
- Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus.
- CAMS certification preferred
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary