|Reference # :||19-00746||Title :||COBOL Programmer|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/30/2019 / 09/30/2021|
The resource will be used to help keep the existing legacy Unemployment Insurance System running while key Legacy UI Benefits & Employer Support staff move to the NYS Modernized UI System project.
The consultant will be responsible for writing, testing, debugging new and existing COBOL/CICS/JCL code based on program area knowledge, conceptual and technical design specifications. The activities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and write COBOL/CICS/JCL code based on previously developed and approved program specifications.
- Develop and Modify DB2 SQL statements.
- Ensure application documentation is complete, organized, accessible, and follows office standards.
- Write and test procedures, parameters and other specifications required to implement COBOL programs.
- Develop or assist with the development of unit, component and program test plans.
- Implement program changes and provides user support as required.
- On call and after-hours production system monitoring, error diagnosis, debugging, and mitigation of issues.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary