Cloud Cost Analyst
|Reference # :||18-01705||Title :||Cloud Cost Analyst|
|Location :||IRVING, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/26/2018 / 11/25/2019|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
External Cloud Cost Analyst (IT Business Tech Specialist)
Product Management – Application Hosting is seeking a strategic thinker with strong execution skills. Experience in analyzing, reconciling, communicating, financial planning and budget processes is preferred. The Cloud Cost Analyst will be responsible and accountable for the management and understanding of external Cloud products provides at all stages of the lifecycle which includes development, launch, build, maintain and operate, aligned to global business strategy and delivered with the right technology, the right service model and the right economics.
This person will:
• Be responsible for monitoring external Cloud Infrastructure costs (AWS, GCP, Azure) to ensure adherence to client standards.
• Recommend Cloud cost reduction measures to ensure optimal configuration from budgetary perspectives.
• Performing external Cloud infrastructure billing and optimization activities; maintaining cost information on a daily basis using native cloud service provider (CSP) tools, third-party, or custom tools.
• Preparing forward looking cost estimations to support client and project needs. The candidate will support a team responsible for performing Product Management duties such as Cloud Cost calculations, application migration cost benefits, and internal monthly invoicing.
• The Cloud Cost Analyst shall perform duties on tasks that require expertise in CSPs AWS/GCP/Azure/system/processor Costing, and a general understanding of client/server architecture, operating systems, software applications, network protocols, routers, switches, remote access servers, and firewalls.
• Gather functional and business requirements and rapidly translate that information into a working set of operational and financial models, dashboards, and management reports.
• Collaborate with IT Executives and Finance on IT Total Cost of Ownership, financial metrics, and cost transparency initiatives.
• Act as a point of contact for Business Information Officers and other IT Executives.
• Operationalize data monthly by loading, validating, and reviewing on timely basis.
AWS Business Professional, AWS Technical Professional, AWS Total Cost of Ownership Certifications or equivalent experience; Minimum of 2 Years of Technical Experience inclusive of 6 Months of Cloud Experience.
• Experience using Apptio Software as a Service or comparable service.
• Strong understanding of technology and industry trends for public cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google).
• Ability to effectively communicate to internal clients through all available mediums (verbal, listening, writing, presenting).
• Strong Financial/Technology/Business Financial Knowledge.
• Demonstrate success in managing deliverables within aggressive timeframes; ability to cope under strict time restraints.
• Demonstrate project management experience and detailed knowledge of products, risks, processes, and client base.
• Working knowledge of our business and the financial services industry and financial products.
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time and/or as required.
• Willingness to stay on the leading edge of technology by learning new techniques.
BS/BBA degree focused on mathematics, finance, industrial engineering, computer engineering or equivalent combination of education/experience (MBA preferred).
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary