|Reference # :||18-01467||Title :||Chef SME|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/01/2018 / 09/30/2019|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
To be the technical subject matter expert for CHEF, automation and CI/CD in a new Infrastructure tooling and transformation team that will be responsible for identifying and implementing new tools and standards along with improving/standardizing the existing tools and processes followed by Infrastructure Systems and Tooling Engineering Teams. Contribute significantly in defining the standard development tools and processes used by infrastructure operations teams and ensuring the same are consistently used by the sector infrastructure development teams across the globe while meeting business and country specific requirements as appropriate.
- To ensure development excellence in the way we solution, provision, instrument, manage and continuously improve the IT development and operations of Major Global Bank's Technology Infrastructure services.
- To provide technical leadership around building a Chef based automation framework that facilitates efficiencies around infrastructure operations.
- To help build standards around CI/CD and dev ops processes and use them actively to deliver business relevant solutions and automations for the teams.
- To have in depth understanding of Architecture and Design principles around Docker, containers, Object oriented programming and Agile Development and use the same to build frameworks with standards and guidelines.
- To be accountable for vetting the correctness of the build architecture solution of new projects
- To mentor technical resources for them to be able to adopt Chef based automation in their respective teams
- To drive continuous improvement and facilitate adoption of relevant infrastructure tools as per currently established standards.
- To understand the current environment and processes being followed in Operations Team.
- To help identify automation and improvement opportunities and quickly implement them with quality.
- To understand and promote adoption of standards to ensure consistency and efficiency across the organization
- To identify processes/procedures that are not congruent with organization/industry standards & suggest improvements
- To identify and carry out any ad hoc office/operations tasks with the goal of improving IT development and operations.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary