Chef Senior Developer
|Reference # :||18-01106||Title :||Chef Senior Developer|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||07/23/2018 / 07/23/2019|
|Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.|
The Chef Senior Developer is to be a technical expert for Chef eco-system & DevOps practices within the organization, providing solutions and technical guidance aligned with the Chef automation program objectives. This team member will play an integral role in implementing the organization's IT DevOps Strategy by working as part of the Chef team to implement a large scale end to end deployment , execution and maintenance of the Chef estate.
- Subject matter expert on Chef & the ecosystem
- Develop, configure and administer DevOps and IT automation solutions.
- Understand and remediate complex issues and topologies of large enterprises
- Evaluation and integration of IT systems and development tools, and replace where needed.
- Identify and address system performance bottlenecks in high availability environments.
- Evangelize best practice DevOps and Agile within the broader organization.
- Provide technical support to IT ops around automation solution usage
- Integrate software tool-chain into a Continuous Integration environment.
- Strong experience in Chef & other configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet.
- Experience in scripting or programming languages (Ruby, Perl, Python, Shell, PowerShell, etc.)
- Log mining & analytics using Splunk or ELK
- System administration level knowledge in any of the infrastructure towers (Compute/Database/network etc.)
- Experience in SQL MySQL/ /SQL Server/Oracle (Preferred)
- Expert level understanding and implementation of RESTful APIs
- Good understanding of Jenkins, Git, SonarQube, Altassian developer tools
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment.
- Ability to adapt to a changing and dynamic environment.
- Desired to have knowledge in at least on containerization technologies like Docker/Kubernetes/Mesos
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary