Capital Markets Analyst
|Reference # :||21-00631||Title :||Capital Markets Analyst|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||05/24/2021 / 11/23/2021|
RWA Integrity Analyst - C12/AVP equivalent
The position is in the RWA Integrity team, responsible for ensuring RWA & Supplementary Leverage Exposure (SLE) is appropriately identified, calculated and reported with robust governance, transparency and controls, and adequately taking into account the Bank's size, complexity, and overall risk profile.
The role requires strong analytical skills and will need to acquire Basel III rules expertise for Risk Weighted Assets and Supplementary Leverage Exposure for all exposures. The role includes (i) performing the RWA calculations including documenting any assumptions, reviewing and analyzing interpretations and/or models used to make those determinations, (ii) ensuring the accurate implementation of those methodologies within Major Global Bank's infrastructure, (iii) ensuring models have been validated and systems changes have been accurately executed, (iv) articulating Business and Functional requirements including performing end to end diagnostic assessment for remediation regulatory capital issues
The ideal candidate should demonstrate proven ability to work together with multiple stakeholders across Markets and Banking, Independent Risk, Finance, and O&T. The candidate must be able to work effectively in a cross-functional environment without close supervision and with colleagues who may not be in the same geographic location.
The person will be responsible for
• Performing end to end production, governance and controls of Wholesale and Retail Standardized and Advanced RWA, and SLE Actuals
• Perform attribution and other analytics that can effectively demonstrate exposure, EAD and RWA calculations. This analysis will include variance analysis period over period are explained (with attribution to exposure and risk factor changes) in a reliable and transparent manner
• Research of Basel capital (RWA, SLE, GSIB) results for ensuring RWA integrity and regulatory compliance
• Execute control processes that can effectively demonstrate US Basel III regulatory capital requirements are applied in an accurate and appropriate manner
• Analysis of bank balance sheet by portfolio and asset type
• Responsible for providing RWA strategic analytics and management summaries for Retail and Wholesale exposures to senior management
• Identify potential process improvements and capabilities to increase consistency, transparency, and reliability of RWA calculation, governance and controls process.
• Drive the diagnostics and remediation activities of a broad range of regulatory capital calculations that encompass governance, data and non-data controls, processes, system implementation and regulatory reporting.
• Creation of senior management presentation materials for appropriate capital decision making
• Communication with other stakeholder groups for capital return improvement planning
• Ability to read US Basel rules (as needed) and interpret expected impact on bank capital levels
• Strong familiarity with banking and market products and processes
• High intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Access ability
• Experience performing financial research and analysis
• Familiarity with SAS, Python, R Studio preferred, but not required
• Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities and deliver timely results
• Bachelor's degree required
• Experience packaging and presenting complex material to senior management and other stakeholders
• Ability to work autonomously to accomplish high pressure deliverables
• Must be able to communicate well with multiple stakeholder groups (Capital colleagues, FP&A, Corporate M&A, Risk, Technology, and line of business counterparts) to demonstrate RWA integrity accomplish regulatory compliance goals
• 3-5 MAX years of experience in related field
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Primary Location: NAM-USA-NY-New York
Secondary Location: NAM-US-Florida-Tampa
Please see our complete list of jobs at: