|Reference # :||19-00636||Title :||Business/Financial Analyst|
|Location :||Getzville, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||08/12/2019 / 08/11/2020|
A business analyst with system implementation experiences in the areas of product control and/or accounting to complete business analysis and project management activities in support of critical planning and execution of project deliverables.
Business description (Finance Project Group overview):
The Finance Project Group delivers automation and process re-engineering projects. These projects facilitate consistent global reporting, mitigate and manage risks, improve financial controls, automate regulatory and management reporting, and perform transactional processing and general ledger posting. In addition, these projects impact significant firm business and major architecture initiatives.
A business analyst with experience in product control and balance sheet reporting functions. The candidate should possess BA, system implementation, and/or process re-engineering experiences. The analyst will be participating in business analysis, testing, and implementation activities in support of critical planning and execution of project deliverables. Activities will include process modeling, data analysis, business and functional requirements documentation, test specification, coordination and execution.
Key Responsibilities/ Day to Day Activities:
- Work with Controllers to identify requirements and be responsible for Business Requirement Documents (BRD's), using use cases, workflow, screen mock-ups, and spreadsheet models.
- Analyze current business and system processes for potential areas of improvement.
- Perform data analysis on securities and transactions to identify the root cause and the resolution of the issues.
- Coordinate with business and technology partners to get feedback and sign off's.
- Participate in functional requirements process with technology partners.
- Write test scenarios and drive UAT planning and implementation.
- Provide analysis and interpretation of UAT results.
- Reconcile trades and positions from different sources.
- Plan and develop cost analysis, design considerations, and implementation timelines.
Experience (years, type, nature of work, specialized knowledge and technical skills):
- 4-7 years experience in business analysis, financial reporting, system integration, business transformation
- Some knowledge of Fixed Income, Equities, Derivatives Instruments; and some knowledge in accounting and financial calculations, such as P&L, dividends, coupons, accretion.
- Financial control and/or product control experience is a plus.
- Be able to manage own work, project milestones and risks.
- Understand general ledger and accounting principles.
- Experience in software development life cycle.
- Experience in system analysis and writing business and functional specifications.
- Strong data analysis, data mapping and reconciliation skills.
Qualifications (educational background, licenses, professional knowledge) & Skills (soft skills):
- Good communications including the ability to present ideas to stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving skills
- Understand the trade offs and the limitations of technology.
- Agent of change.
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Access skills
- Work effectively with remote teams.
- Self starter able to execute with limited direct supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree; advanced professional qualifications are considered a plus.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary