|Reference # :||19-01059||Title :||Business/Data Analyst|
|Location :||Getzville, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/04/2019 / 10/20/2020|
Job Summary We are seeking a business / data analyst with system delivery experience and a working knowledge of product control and balance sheet reporting functions. The candidate should possess system implementation and process re-engineering experience. The analyst will be responsible for business analysis, cost and benefit analysis, testing, and rollout/training functions. Activities will include communication and planning, process modeling, data analysis, business and functional requirements documentation, test specification/ planning / execution.
Job Responsibilities Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with stakeholders and finance managers and work with users to identify requirements and be responsible for Business Requirement Documents (BRD's), using use cases, workflow, screen mock-ups, and spreadsheet models.
- Analyze current business and system processes for potential areas of improvement.
- Perform data analysis on securities transactions to identify root cause and the resolution of issues.
- Coordinate with business and technology partners throughout the SDLC lifecycle.
- Oversee and steer functional requirements process with technology partners.
- Oversee and write test scenarios and drive UAT planning and implementation.
- Coordinate and provide analysis and interpretation of UAT results.
- Reconcile trades and positions from different sources.
- Plan and develop cost analysis, design considerations, and implementation timelines.
- System / Enhancement rollout and training.
- 5+ years' experience in business analysis, financial reporting, system integration, business transformation, project management equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Fixed Income, Equities, or Derivatives Instruments; and some knowledge of accounting and financial calculations, such as P&L, dividends, coupons, or accretion.
- Financial control and/or product control experience is a plus.
- Be able to manage project milestones and risks
- Experience in business process reengineering and software development life cycle.
- Experience in system analysis and writing business and functional specifications.
- Strong data analysis, data mapping and reconciliation skills.
- Good communications including the ability to compile and present management level presentations.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving skills
- Understand the tradeoffs and the limitations of technology.
- Act as an agent of change.
- Be able to identify opportunities to solve business problems.
- Client migration experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree; advanced professional qualifications are considered a plus.
Education (Minimum Required) Bachelor's Degree
Education (Degree/Area of Emphasis) Bachelor's degree or equivalent in mathematics, business administration, finance, computer science, statistics or equivalent degree.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary