|Reference # :||17-01666||Title :||Business Analyst|
|Location :||Long Island City, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/23/2017 / 10/22/2018|
1. Department Description - Include a brief description that outlines the department's mission, purpose, structure (number of professionals for example) and where it fits within Major Global Bank.
Corporate Regulatory Reporting & Advisory's (CRRA) mission is to improve the integrity of Major Global Bank's Regulatory Reporting by developing, implementing and enhancing processes to review and validate the accuracy and completeness of various Regulatory Reports and by enhancing communications and training. CRRA is part of Global Functions, and is led by a team leader in New York and supported by other professionals in Tampa, Costa Rica, and Manila. The current regulatory environment is pivotal to the future of the banking industry and will continue to grow as an important function of the bank. CRRA also coordinates examinations the US Banking Regulators and Internal Audits of Corporate Regulatory Reporting (CRR). In this regard, CRRA works with CRR to provide data to the examiners and auditors, creating Corrective Action Plans and in monitoring successful completion of those plans.
2. Description & Nature of Assignment
Primary responsibilities will be to assist the CRRA team members in carrying out various responsibilities, including:
- Working with the businesses on addressing the concerns of regulators to improve Major Global Bank's reporting function;
- Organizing, creating materials for and leading global calls, such as Data Quality Global Committees, Quarterly updates with regulators, and regulatory reporting training calls;
- Working with the subject matter experts on developing, creating and enhancing various trainings on the Regulatory Reports;
- Working with the businesses to perform deep dive reviews on Major Global Bank's significant products;
- Coordinating with Internal and External Auditors on their reviews of the CRR function;
- Maintaining logs and the iCAPS to ensure that CAP's are completed on time and information is delivered to Internal Audit for validation;
- Creating presentations for senior management; and
- Ad - hoc projects and quarterly reporting responsibilities.
When performing the above functions, the candidate will need to review data submitted for completeness and that the information is reasonable and addresses the data requests.
3. Required Skills – Requirements over and above the expected degree (i.e. language, particular technical knowledge).
- Strong communication skills
- Good financial analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Ability to multi - task
- Ability to work as part of and be a productive member of a team
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary