|Reference # :||17-01649||Title :||Business Analyst|
|Location :||Getzville, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/16/2017 / 10/15/2018|
An IS COB and Controls Sr. Analyst is required to assist in implementing and maintaining a cohesive, effective, efficient, coordinated, and consolidated controls governance model in support of ICG Technology. Working closely with a dynamic business in a large and varied environment, the candidate will:
- Be responsible for establishing strong working relationships with Application Development, Information Security, Continuity of Business, as well as other Business/Operations/Infrastructure Risk Management teams
- Coordinate Business As Usual (BAU) activities, overseeing Risk and Control activities. Provide assistance to application owners/management team to ensure Risk and Control issues and initiatives are addressed timely.
- Coordinate or manage technology components for External audits. Assist development teams in responding to audit requests, perform review of deliverables for completeness and accuracy as needed.
- Proactively identify control deficiencies through technology self - assessment testing, risk and control initiatives, and BAU meetings/discussions. Monitor progress of corrective action plans.
- Facilitate compliance with Major Global Bank Policies, Standards and Regulations
- Perform and report on trend analysis, identifying opportunities for process improvements.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Experience performing IT Business Analysis, Project Management or similar work required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Audit, Information Security or Risk Management.
- Knowledge of service management (ITIL) with previous working experience in process improvements is an advantage
- Previous experience performing Internal and/or External Audit coordination is an advantage.
- Previous experience in Production Support and Application Development roles is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and prioritize within tight deadlines while maintaining total accuracy
- Ability to influence others and quickly earn the confidence of others
- High level of attention to detail
- Quick learner and able to work in a diverse, global environment
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data, decipher items relevant to the development unit covered, and determine corresponding risk
- Ability to work as part of a team, and also independently under own supervision
- Possess the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with various levels of management
- Ability to coordinate/manage initiatives from end - to - end with minor supervision
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office with Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills
- Strong affinity to manage Control practices demonstrating a pragmatic risk - based approach
- Industry certifications, such as CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP would be an advantage.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives for complex projects through research and fact - finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards.
- Consults with users and clients to solve issues/problems through in - depth evaluation of business processes, systems and industry standards; recommends solutions.
- Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment; identifies and communicates risks and impacts.
- Provides understanding of business analysis concepts and principles and a basic knowledge of concepts and principles in other technology areas.
- Applies comprehensive understanding of how multiple areas collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary