|The NYC Department of Education (NYCDOE) is seeking to hire on a contract basis a Business Analyst.|
Legal Services Platform is a modern legal case management system that allows several legal offices to use one common platform with both independent and shared modules such as (case creation, case search, document upload, benchmarks, case status, workflow management, email notification, employee profiles and student profiles). Future enhancements include adding two additional units to the platform (Office of Special Investigation and Equal Opportunity Information System), Redesign "Advocate-an old Client/Server system, Develop General Council Dashboard, Automate yearly rollover-process, and on-going city and state legal mandates.
List of the day to day tasks to be performed by the Selected Candidate:
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language, for medium to enterprise level systems.
- Document current and future process flows, as well as business architecture documents using industry standards and various modeling techniques.
- Create and implement Requirements Management Plan including identification of stakeholders, decomposition of the project scope into manageable units, identification of requirement attributes for traceability, requirements prioritization & reporting.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, customer documents, workshops, surveys, site visits, and business process descriptions, analysis of business rules, scenarios, tasks and workflow analysis, and any other business analysis techniques for both new and existing processes and procedures.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Serve as the liaison between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Proactively plan and facilitate the successful implementation of the product, service, or end result of the program or project.
- Work with project management staff members to raise and resolve issues, set project deadlines, and mitigate project risks.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Works independently with users and various stakeholders to define concepts, processes, and requirements and under direction of project managers.
- Create functional wireframes and prototype using Axure RP Pro that demonstrate functionality, features, content, and user flow of an application.
- Utilize Caliber Author and to track, trace and manage accurate requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Good understanding of Business, Data and Solution Architectures.
- Usage of Progressive API Frameworks and platforms.
- Performs data analytics to optimize statistical efficiency and quality of data.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: