|Reference # :||20-00096||Title :||Business Analyst|
|Location :||Brooklyn, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||01/24/2020|
The Department of Education is seeking a Business Analyst to assist the DIIT in delivering a number of DOE projects. Responsible for conducting analysis of administrative and operational processes and procedures in order to facilitate the implementation of new systems or modifications to existing systems. This includes communicating with potential users, stakeholders, IT staff, and decision makers to identify needs and evaluate potential business solutions with project management
Directs and guide the preparation and analysis of various IT projects and defines, documents, and validates processes and business rules to identify business and system functional requirements that meet key business objectives.
- Conducts meetings and any other activities necessary to elicit, define, document, prioritize, and validate business and system requirements. Creates business and functional requirement documents, as well as complex reports, studies, survey findings, and other business analysis artifacts.
Uses business modeling techniques and standards such as UML.
- Working with stakeholders to define and develop business processes and procedures.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language, for medium to enterprise level systems.
- Document current and future process flows, as well as business architecture documents using industry standards and various modeling techniques.
- Create and implement Requirements Management Plan including identification of stakeholders, decomposition of the project scope into manageable units, identification of requirement attributes for traceability, requirements prioritization & reporting
- Guide process modernization for analysis projects including the development of scope, schedule and budget artifacts.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, customer documents, workshops, surveys, site visits, and business process descriptions, analysis of business rules, scenarios, tasks and workflow analysis, and any other business analysis techniques for both new and existing processes and procedures.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Utilize your experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Validate proposed solutions meet the project objectives and solves the underlying business problem.
- Work with project management staff members to raise and resolve issues, set project deadlines, and mitigate project risks.
- Proactively plan and facilitate discussions, broker issue resolutions, and articulate decision points.
Present project requirements and solution options to various stakeholders and decision makers.
- Works independently with users and various stakeholders to define concepts, processes, and requirements and under direction of project managers.
- Acts as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: