|Reference # :||19-00783||Title :||Business Analyst|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/16/2019 / 03/15/2020|
Assisting the global and regional Operational Risk Management (ORM) departments on reviews performed by ORM, with a specialised focus on regional global functions.
The analysis of the results from the various operational risk related assessment processes that are currently in the Major Global Bank
Producing metrics focused on inherent and residual risk factors and building a strong co-operation with Operational Risk Management and other Control Functions reporting teams to utilise the analysis already performed (e.g. issue root cause analysis)
Ensure that the regulatory commitments for independent challenge and validation are maintained.
Overseeing root cause analysis of significant operational risk events is performed by the Business and appropriately documented in Major Global Bank internal systems.
Preparation of materials for key governance forums presenting data to senior stakeholders based on analysis conducted on key risk themes and trends
- Collaborate with the Operational Risk teams and Centralized team members in the delivery of global projects and initiatives
- Summarize and present analysis in concise, though-provoking and action driven manner. Prepare materials and present results of analysis to ORM and project sponsors.
- Interpret data and results through performance of analysis to confirm correct input/entry into the application (Client Risk and Controls)
- Through various reports reconcile records to confirm that have been appropriately dispositioned giving quality assurance and providing data integrity.
- Communicate daily with management on productivity, quality, availability, Management Information System (MIS) indicators, as well as providing written and oral communications.
- Managing workload to ensure timely completion of assignments by agreed target dates while maintaining accuracy
- Serve as liaison to business for work assignments by asking fact finding questions, following up on open items and helping with content approval
- To escalate problems to senior levels (when necessary). Ensure a high level of customer service and be efficient and effective at all times.
- To minimise errors across your lines of responsibility, using consistently high standards, processes and controls.
- Help to create and build an environment of teamwork and encourage two-way communication.
- Support the quality control process of the book of work assigned to the team.
The successful candidate will provide support in managing and developing newly formed initiatives, with implications for the entire Firm. As such, the role entails top-level exposure across all of the Firm's businesses and offers the opportunity for the successful candidate to be proactively involved in the genesis of their own department and workstreams.
AML expereince is stronly preferred
- Banking/Operational Risk experience is an advantage
- Experience of participating in a complex project portfolio, with variable stakeholders and tight deadlines. Prior experience in Project Management is an advantage.
- Ability to work in a high volume-processing environment and add value to multiple projects/priorities.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Good communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand new processes quickly and suggest change where applicable.
- Strong focus on control.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask with capacity to organize and prioritize workload within a complex environment with competing and subtle resource demands
- Strong ability to participate in work projects with virtual teams
- MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Planning and Organising self
- Volume processing with a focus on getting it right first time.
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Communication (oral + written)
- Teamwork (support, mentoring)
- Analytical (problem solving)
- Clients Service skill (professionalism)
- University education preferred, although candidates who do not meet this criterion may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience and an outstanding professional track record
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary