|Reference # :||19-00771||Title :||Business Analyst|
|Location :||Brooklyn, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/04/2019 / 10/04/2021|
APPR (Annual Professional Performance Reviews) Program provides tools to collect required data for the calculation of teacher effectiveness score of qualified teachers based on year-round observations of teachers and student state and local growth scores. To date, APPR supports sections 3012c and 3012d of the New York State Educational Law. The Department of Education is seeking an experienced Expert-Level Business Analyst to assist the DIIT/PMO in delivering a number of DOE projects, including but not limited to the above mentioned APPR Program
The Expert-Level Business Analyst directs and leads the preparation and analysis of various IT projects and defines, documents, and validates processes and business rules to identify business and system functional requirements that meet key business objectives. Additionally, the Expert-Level Business Analyst conducts meetings and any other activities that include Data analytics, mapping and database analysis to elicit, define, document, prioritize, and validate business and system functional requirements. Creates business and system functional requirement documents, as well as complex reports, studies, survey findings, and other business analysis artifacts.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language, for medium to enterprise level systems.
- Document current and future process flows, as well as
business architecture documents using industry
standards and various modeling techniques.
- Create and implement Requirements Management Plan
including identification of stakeholders, decomposition of
the project scope into manageable units, identification of
requirement attributes for traceability, requirements
prioritization & reporting.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, customer
documents, workshops, surveys, site visits, and business
process descriptions, analysis of business rules,
scenarios, tasks and workflow analysis, and any other
business analysis techniques for both new and existing
processes and procedures.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple
sources, decompose high-level information into details,
and distinguish user requests from the underlying true
- Serve as the liaison between the customer community
(internal and external customers) and the software
development team through which requirements flow.
- Proactively plan and facilitate the successful
implementation of the product, service, or end result of
the program or project
- Work with project management staff members to raise
and resolve issues, set project deadlines, and mitigate
- Works independently with users and various stakeholders
to define concepts, processes, and requirements and
under direction of project managers.
- Create functional wireframes and prototype using Axure
RP Pro that demonstrates functionality, features, content,
and user flow of an application.
- Performs data analytics to optimize statistical efficiency
and quality of data.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary