|Reference # :||19-00260||Title :||Business Analyst|
|Location :||Menands, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/01/2019 / 05/31/2021|
New York State of Health (NYSOH) is New York's official health plan marketplace established by Executive Order No. 42. Development and design of the marketplace is funded with federal Exchange establishment grant funds. The hourly based IT resources requested are needed to support the on-going design and development of information technology systems consistent with federal regulations and state and rules.
The Business Analyst will work closely with NYSOH program staff, vendors and other stakeholders to define requirements for the NYSOH. The Business Analyst will apply a wide range of specialized knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for the NYSOH. The Business Analyst will work closely with NYSOH program staff and other stakeholders to define and validate requirements for Individual Eligibility and Enrollment, SHOP (Small Business Marketplace), and Customer Service aspects of the NYSOH. Specific duties include:
- Analyze, develop and review process flow charts and other business documentation to define business processes
- Document complex functional requirements in a thorough and clear formal requirements document
- Consult with and advise department staff during the technical design process.
- Analyze, review and comment on design specification documents
- Analyze, review and comment on technical documentation such as interface control documents
- Coordinate and document resolution of requirements and technical design comments and gaps with business and vendor staff
- Provide guidance in the development of test scenarios
- Evaluate existing manual test cases, and identify opportunities for automation
- Create manual and automated test plans, cases, and scripts.
- Development of expected entrance/exit criteria into test cases.
- Track defects from creation to final remediation
- Develop and document internal training as it relates to business analysis and testing
- Manage work on complex software in a fast-paced, high volume work environment
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary