Business Analyst ? Reference Data
|Reference # :||20-00128||Title :||Business Analyst -Reference Data|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||02/03/2020|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Project Manager/Business Analyst - Reference Data/Securities Data
Organization & Department Overview
This group is responsible for providing authoritative sources of reference data to our clients across the Client's organization, through implementing state of the art technologies and operational processes which promote the collection, storage, analysis, and distribution of product, pricing, account and corporate action data. The organization works in partnership with data clients across all business lines, deploying solutions to increase their competitiveness, through restructuring business processes, simplifying information access, and providing business intelligence around critical data.
As part of the Data landscape, the Client has kicked off a Data Program that will encompass several work streams across each of the 10 Asset Classes within the Group. The Data Program encompasses multiple Products across the Asset Classes with numerous work streams in a large and complex environment across multiple organizations within the bank including technology, operations, and key stakeholders from the business.
The focus areas of responsibility and execution include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the execution and required analysis across 1 or more Asset Classes through structured plans, deliverables and clearly identified accountable parties, risks and dependencies
- Ensuring complete and consistent data from front office systems downstream to back office systems for financial and regulatory reporting integrity
- Analysis of back office financial and regulatory requirements
- Gap analysis and identification
- Analysis and understanding of data flows, data lineage, and modeling of the data based on requirements gathered
- Preparing and socializing presentation to C level executives and Steering Committee members on a regular basis.
- Creating a robust communication plan around projects to ensure stakeholders have complete transparency around deliverables and risks
- Working closely with execution, operations and stakeholders to plan project deliverables and milestones.
- College degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience
- Data and Results oriented with an excellent attention to detail
- Experience with Project Management on large complex Programs and business analysis skills specific to Data Programs (quality, lineage, etc)
- Experienced in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience working closely with IT and development teams
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple competing priorities while delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- Exceptional level of motivation and diligence coupled with excellent communication skills (verbal and written), as well as strong relationship building skills
- Strong ability to influence, drive direction and results
- Highly analytical individual with the ability to work independently when needed and exemplary documentation skills
- Strong business domain knowledge across Markets, Treasury or Trade, or Private Banking
- Ability to put together senior management presentation material
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Visio and Project
- Ability to focus on high quality work while under pressure
- Good understanding of financial instruments.
Project Management certification preferred.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: