Business Analyst Financial Products
|Reference # :||18-01425||Title :||Business Analyst Financial Products|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||09/17/2018|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
The Security Coding team is responsible for ensuring that product and pricing data is available, accurate, and complete for global financial markets. They work with various business units to setup listed, OTC, and private placement instruments in our master databases to facilitate trading activities. In addition, the team monitors reconciliation and data quality reports, as well as global corporate action announcements and actions listings, delisting, name changes and identifier changes.
The Security coding team works in partnership with our state of the art technology team to automate loading and validating of data. The team also works closely with global Security Coding teams to ensure that a consistent model is followed with respect to this critical reference data.
The Operations Support Manager position will be responsible for overseeing the processing of complex Security Coding requests and projects including exception processing items, escalations, writing procedures, writing test scripts and leading projects. It includes working with the appropriate Middle Office teams to ensure requests properly include required information and that they are actioned timely. In addition, working with Technology and BA teams to drive testing and be involved/lead projects.
Audit prep including coordination of management preparedness, review/maintain consistent RCSA's, being the point person and lead audit interface. They will build key relationships within all levels of the organization to further control objectives. The position supports the Department Manager in process redesign reviews, technology changes, and long and short term projects.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Oversight of security set ups and modifications
- Oversight of reconciliation and data quality projects
- Support Pre-market events and Post Market Close events
- Be able to work hands on with tight deadlines
- Gain thorough industry knowledge quickly and effectively interact with other operating units.
- Provide effective maker/checker function to ensure data quality and accuracy
- Ensure adherence to all audit policies and procedures.
- Provide SIT, UAT testing with strategic technology rollouts
- Coordinate with global coders in other regions to resolve issue
- Understand global procedures to support other markets during off hours
- Independently assess workflow issues and redirects work as necessary
- Provides subject matter expertise to related projects
- Identifies policy gaps and formulates policies
- Interprets data and makes recommendations
- Provide training support
- Familiarity with a wide array of financial product types
- Knowledge and familiarity with financial product data vendors (Bloomberg, Reuters, S&P etc)
- Strong organization skills with an excellent attention to detail
- Ability to focus on high quality work while Telekursunder pressure
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, including proficiency in Excel
- Strong teamwork skills in a local setting, as well as across different geographic locations
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to be assertive
- One to two years experience in Reference Data Operations
- Previous hands on experience with financial securities data
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree or MBA is preferred
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary