Business Analyst/Data Analyst/SQL-Investment Bank
|Reference # :||20-00460||Title :||Business Analyst/Data Analyst/SQL-Investment Bank|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||05/04/2020 / 05/03/2021|
4-6+ years; Capital Markets Trade Lifecycle (expertise in one/more products - Cash Securities, OTC Derivs, Loans/Deposits), Data Analysis (strong SQL), MS Excel.
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Candidate has the opportunity to be a contributor to the Major Global Bank Markets Data Strategy and contribute towards the goal of increasing revenue by providing key analytics/MIS/metrics for decision making, whilst also improving regulatory quality and accuracy. The candidate will work directly with bright and innovative individuals on both the business and technology side, giving broad exposure to front-to-back trade processing and electronic trading across all asset classes. The successful candidate can make a significant difference to business performance.
- Define cutover strategy from existing solutions to newer strategic solutions
- Develop Subject Matter Expertise on the key data elements that are consumed for reporting data to external and internal clients
- Ensure adherence to and develop best practices supporting Client's Project Management Standards
- Ensure the business reporting needs are met with the most elegant and timely technology solutions
- Ensuring proper development life cycle is followed with artefacts to support Internal Audit and any inquiries
- Gather business requirements, perform detailed analysis, and produce associated functional specifications across multiple functions.
- Go-live support, investigation of issues.
- Participation in large-scale "highly-visible-SIT/UAT testing cycles managing technology and business stakeholders
- Partner with business & technology leads globally to deliver an E2E solution.
- Partner with business, technology and quant stakeholders to suggest innovative solutions to existing issues
- Produce implementation approach, timelines, go-live strategy.
- Project management & oversight of the deliverables & resources distributed across many different technology teams across the front to back application stack.
- Provide regular updates to senior management in technology, middle office & front office
- Training of relevant teams prior to go-live of new business processes/products, functionality or applications
- Work as lead business analyst/project manager in the Olympus team supporting reporting for external and internal clients
- Work with Data Governance and Quality teams to understand data issues
- Work with technology leads across various teams to accomplish the reporting objective
- Work with various technology leads to ensure the gaps in the data completeness or accuracy are converted into prioritized Book of Work items
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- 6+ years of business analysis experience in client facing business management roles.
- Significant Business Analysis experience across the full project lifecycle (requirements, design, development, testing and deployment).
- Experience with Global Markets Product Knowledge
- Understanding of regulatory constraints and experience in delivering regulatory projects is extremely desirable (MiFID II, SFTR, SDRE (EMIR, CFTC, Volcker, etc.)
- Front, Middle and Back Office exposure
- Microsoft Office -Excel, Word, Project, Visio, PowerPoint
- Strong SQL with experience working with RDMS such as Oracle, Sybase, Netezza
- Experience working with teams supporting business intelligence platforms such as Tableau, QlikView will be a plus
- A history of delivering against agreed objectives
- Ability to handle complex projects independently
- Ability to leverage strong interpersonal collaboration skills in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to pick up new concepts and apply the knowledge.
- Comfortable in presenting suggestions for change and or improving work flow
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach with willingness to learn
- Excellent analytical and process-based skills, i.e. process flow diagrams, business modelling, and functional design;
- Excellent communication skills (there is a requirement to be Business facing)
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with tremendous attention to detail
- Familiarity or the ability to quickly understand and formulate application level requirements pertaining to complex workflows, or integration with external applications
- Problem-solving and facilitation skills
- Proficient at writing and delivering business requirement documents and presentations
- Proven delivery record of multiple projects involving process change and technology enhancements.
- Proven interpersonal skills with ability to partner and influence across organizational lines
- Self-motivation and prioritization of tasks and actions to hit deadlines according to business priorities
- The candidate is expected to be dynamic, flexible with a high energy level as this is a demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Thoroughness and organization is expected, as well as sound judgment
Please see our complete list of jobs at: