Big Data/Java/Spark Developers
|Reference # :||19-00709||Title :||Big Data/Java/Spark Developers|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||09/16/2019|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Job Title: Senior Big Data Developer
Senior Big Data Developer to assist with development of mission critical Regulatory applications. Job Background/context:
(Where the position sits within the department/organization)
Part of Global Functions Technology Services
- Works independently in a fast - paced environment as well as a good team player.
- Development #
- Produce software that follows best coding practices, that exhibits high cohesion and low coupling.
- Good understanding of the code quality tools, Unit Test case frameworks.
- Create Technical Documentation for reference and reporting.
- Provide support for ongoing development, trouble shooting, and optimize performance.
- Perform detailed analysis, develop and foster key operational relationships with stakeholders, and understanding all facets of technology planning, delivery and operational sustainment capability.
- As an escalation point for application(s) support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to all teams that interface.
- Develop, Enhance, Debug, Supports, Maintains and Test software applications that support business units and supporting functions.
- Collaborate with external technology teams to coordinate delivery of software applications.
- Has very good troubleshooting and debugging skills, easily understand complex code and provide solutions Integrate software components and third - party programs.
- Thorough knowledge of SDLC and code propagation.
- Familiarity with source code repositories and continuous integration to support various parallel development activities and branching strategies.
(What opportunities to develop can the job offer a prospective candidate?)
- Be part of a giant Conglomerate; a larger than life organization.
- Acquire Domain expertise on Finance Domain and Retail Risk.
- Understanding of data analytics framework and able to work on latest cutting edge technologies like big data, machine learning
- 8+ Years of application development and implementation experience.
- 3+ years of experience with end - to - end design and delivery of Big Data Applications.
- 2+ Years of experience in System Architecture.
- Expert in logical data modelling and relational database design.
- Expert in maintain, improving and measuring the code quality, code coverage.
- Expertise in writing technical documentation.
- Knowledge of SDLC
- Nice to have -Knowledge of Risk domain (preferably Retail Risk)
- Strong technical expertise on the following
- Java/J2EE -Object oriented concepts, Core Java, Multi - Threading and collections.
- Hadoop Ecosystem (MR2, HDFS, Spark, Spark SQL , Scala, Hive , Sqoop)
- Good understanding of Hadoop data storage formats (Avro, Parquet etc)
- Working with RDD, Datasets and Data frames.
- Relational Database knowledge and basic SQL Programming.
- Nice to have -Spring Batch ,Sprint Integration and any Java script framework
- Experience working with Linux Environment and shell scripts.
- Experience with GIT and any Git Remote repository tool, Branching and Merging strategies
- Experience using the code coverage, code quality and profiling tools.
B.A/B.S in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must have excellent communication skills & be able to communicate with senior management
- Should be self - motivated & an excellent team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Should be a Quick learner
- Should be Flexible & pragmatic
Multiple roles at our major financial services client for Big Data/ Java/Spark Developers--junior and mid/senior -level developers. These are contract roles with a Right-to-Hire in Irving, TX.
Experience with below technologies.
- Database: RDBMS, NoSQL (Mongo, Cassandra, HBase, Hive...)
- Big Data: Hadoop (Hive), Spark (Spark SQL, PySpark), Kafka
- Microservices, Cloud, Container (Docker) architecture a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills.
These roles are 100% onsite. If you are relocating, you must be able to start in 2-3 weeks. We cannot work with 3rd party vendors.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary