Big Data Hadoop Expert
|Reference # :||17-01990||Title :||Big Data Hadoop Expert|
|Location :||Elk Grove Village|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||12/11/2017 / 04/30/2018|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Company is seeking an experienced Hadoop/Big Data expert to join our organization in providing leadership for design, development and deployment of a Hadoop based platform. Developing conceptual, logical and physical target-state architecture, engineering and operational specs for Big Data solutions by effectively applying software engineering principles, patterns and best practices. The ideal candidate will be able to:
Utilize and mentor developers in Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop and Spark to write MapReduce and In-memory applications using Java, Scala, SQL, Python, Hive, etc.
Propose and design data architecture solutions for scalability, high availability, fault tolerance, and elasticity.
Experience with Hadoop ecosystem frameworks such as: MapReduce, Yarn, Spark.
Working knowledge of setting up, configuring and optimization of Hadoop clusters
- Expert coding skills in Java, Scala, Python and scripting languages
- Experienced in developing scalable web services and distributed real-time message processing systems (Kafka, Spark, etc.)
- Distributed computing frameworks (Hadoop or Spark)
- Desirable experience - JBoss Rules BRMS/Drools
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary