Big Data Developer
|Reference # :||19-00714||Title :||Big Data Developer|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/16/2019 / 09/30/2020|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Senior Big Data Developer to assist with development of mission critical Regulatory applications.
- Works independently in a fast - paced environment as well as a good team player.
- Development #
- Produce software that follows best coding practices, that exhibits high cohesion and low coupling.
- Good understanding of the code quality tools, Unit Test case frameworks.
- Create Technical Documentation for reference and reporting.
- Provide support for ongoing development, trouble shooting, and optimize performance.
- Perform detailed analysis, develop and foster key operational relationships with stakeholders, and understanding all facets of technology planning, delivery and operational sustainment capability.
- As an escalation point for application(s) support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to all teams that interface.
- Develop, Enhance, Debug, Supports, Maintains and Test software applications that support business units and supporting functions.
- Collaborate with external technology teams to coordinate delivery of software applications.
- Has very good troubleshooting and debugging skills, easily understand complex code and provide solutions Integrate software components and third - party programs.
- Thorough knowledge of SDLC and code propagation.
- Familiarity with source code repositories and continuous integration to support various parallel development activities and branching strategies.
(What opportunities to develop can the job offer a prospective candidate?)
- Be part of a giant Conglomerate; a larger than life organization.
- Acquire Domain expertise on Finance Domain and Retail Risk.
- Understanding of data analytics framework and able to work on latest cutting edge technologies like big data, machine learning
- 4+ Years of application development and implementation experience.
- 3+ years of experience with end - to - end design and delivery of Big Data Applications.
- 2+ Years of experience in System Architecture.
- Expert in logical data modelling and relational database design.
- Expert in maintain, improving and measuring the code quality, code coverage.
- Expertise in writing technical documentation.
- Knowledge of SDLC
- Nice to have – Knowledge of Risk domain (preferably Retail Risk)
- Strong technical expertise on the following
- Java/J2EE – Object oriented concepts, Core Java, Multi - Threading and collections.
- Hadoop Ecosystem (MR2, HDFS, Spark, Spark SQL , Scala, Hive , Sqoop)
- Good understanding of Hadoop data storage formats (Avro, Parquet etc)
- Working with RDD, Datasets and Data frames.
- Relational Database knowledge and basic SQL Programming.
- Nice to have – Spring Batch ,Sprint Integration and any Java script framework
- Experience working with Linux Environment and shell scripts.
- Experience with GIT and any Git Remote repository tool, Branching and Merging strategies
- Experience using the code coverage, code quality and profiling tools.
B.A/B.S in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must have excellent communication skills & be able to communicate with senior management
- Should be self - motivated & an excellent team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment / - Should be a Quick learner
- Should be Flexible & pragmatic
GFTS is seeking senior developer to work with business analysts and a group of seasoned technology professionals to deliver technology projects for the business.
- Develop high-quality framework / design
- Review and debug code
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
- Coordinate with business analysts & users for requirements
- Provide continuous improvement through identifying best practices in technology products / processes / systems
- Effective problem solving and issue identification
- Master or Bachelor Degree
- Minimum 4 years of total experience with background in Information Technology (preferably in the financial sector) and hands-on IT Project Management Experience.
- Experience in design, development, testing
- Experience in Java, Python, Hadoop / Big Data technologies such as Hive, Spark, etc.
- Experience in at least one RDBMS
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong problem solving skills and able to work under pressure.
- Confident, innovative, self-motivated, result oriented
Please see our complete list of jobs at: