|Reference # :||21-00999||Title :||BI Developer|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||08/02/2021 / 03/04/2022|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
The GPA Data Analyst and Power BI developer role will contribute to the development of new data analytic techniques, report generation and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Understands and integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Must be able to quickly grasp how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and good soft skills are required.
• Work across functional teams to define and develop analytics and reporting requirements
• Identify data sources that will help meet the analytic & reporting goals.
• Simplify and enhanced data by developing data transformation queries which normalize, combine, and standardize various data sets
• Create data models that build relationships between various data sets
• Define key metrics that measure strategic goals, provide strategic insights, interpret performance trends and support data-based performance improvements
• Develop data analytics expressions to produce key analytic metrics which will be used in data visualization
• Create standard and custom visualizations while ensuring data validity, statistical integrity, and maximizing impact
• Create dashboards using data expressions & visualizations which are aligned to strategic goals and operational initiatives.
• Develop and design presentations to convey complex information in clear graphics to tell the story through clean, concise, and well-organized dashboards
• Distill information provided by subject matter experts and other teams into executive-level presentations and strategic insights
• Develop and implement a robust reporting suite enabling management to make objective, data-driven business decisions
• Revise and edit reports, presentation materials, procedures and other documents
• Provide agenda, meeting attendance, key meeting decisions and next steps/follow-ups for stakeholder meetings
• Organize follow-ups and key actions for traceability and impact
• Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Data Analytics, Data Science, Information Design, Computer Science, or a related field
Knowledge and skills
• Techniques to extract raw data from various sources such as MS Excel, SharePoint lists, MS SQL, Oracle, Service Now, Abinitio console, Autosys console.
• Ability to define and implement data querying expressions and techniques using Power BI, MS Excel Power Query, MS Excel Power Pivot
• Ability to organize and relate significant amounts of raw data (with attention to detail & accuracy) into data models
• Ability to write data analytic expressions using formula languages such as Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
• Experience in visual information design and interactive visualization development
• Working to advanced knowledge in presentation frameworks such as MS PowerPoint
• Analytical skills that allow for the development of data-driven reports
• Excellent organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
• Experience in visual information design and interactive visualization development with expertise in representing complex information in an actionable and high-impact way
• Strong communications and presentation skills applicable to developing executive presentations, succinct storytelling and ability to make the complex simple
• Must be able to connect solutions to problem areas
• Ability to rapidly iterate though conceptual ideas or designs
• Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple simultaneous requests
• Self-starter with strong organizational and listening skills
• Proficient in grasping complex technical concepts and articulate them to different audiences
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment
Please see our complete list of jobs at: