Balance Sheet Analyst
|Reference # :||21-01261||Title :||Balance Sheet Analyst|
|Location :||Getzville, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/20/2021 / 03/19/2022|
Balance Sheet Management. Analyst
The Balance Sheet Mgmt Manager provides full leadership and supervisory responsibility. Provides operational/service leadership and direction to team(s). Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge through provision of value-added perspectives or advisory services. May contribute to the development of new techniques, models and plans within area of expertise. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Generally has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness of end results and shared responsibility for planning and budgets. Work affects an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Full supervisory responsibility, ensuring motivation and development of team through professional leadership to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations as well as direction of daily tasks and responsibilities.
• Contribute to consent order remediation work across GLM work streams
• Contributes to the governance of funding, investing and analytics of the balance sheet. This includes
• Participates in managing liquidity and interest rate risk, the capital/legal entity structure and capital planning as well as managing rating agency relationships.
• Involved in capital markets activities including commercial paper and securitization; liquidity, accrual risk oversight and transfer pricing.
• Supervises small to medium-sized Finance operational/administrative team(s) of clerical/support or junior professional employees.
• Advises on procedures and concepts in technical/subject area and integrates with others in accomplishing the plans of the sub function/ job family.
• Improves process efficiencies in consistancy with the unit views
• Requires uses conceptual/ practical grounding in policies as they apply to the business.
• Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Major Global Bankgroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
• Proficient quantitative and presentation skills, with attention to detail and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Access, and ability to work with large volumes of data leveraging spreadsheets and models
• Excellent project management skills
• 5-8 years relevant experience
Please see our complete list of jobs at: