|Reference # :||21-00641||Title :||Architecture Engineer|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||05/13/2021 / 11/13/2021|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
The objective of the consultant role is to reduce operational losses while enabling the objectives of the program at Major Global Bank, through front ending the initiatives in firm regarding enterprise technology engineering and architecture to identify operational risks and recommend mitigations.
The role will leverage subject matter expertise, business experience, data analysis techniques, current events, and industry trends and best practices to inform the prioritization of risks and the second-line's approach for associated challenge and influence activities. The role will engage business and technology risk managers and process owners, and analyze technology risk and control data, to perform independent risk reviews from a global perspective.
The candidate must bring expertise in technology and cyber risk to set and drive high standards; perspective that fosters risk identification and mitigation techniques, and a commitment to transparency and learning that build a strong risk culture. The expected result is to help protect the firm and its reputation while enabling progress.
The role will be responsible for building engagement with key stakeholders, anticipating, challenging, and mitigating risks that could affect business objectives.
· Asses and conduct reviews of the evolving technology and data architecture program to provide oversight, influence, and challenge on their effectiveness, alignment to industry standards.
· Understand, and review the strategic investment plan for enterprise architecture program.
· Overview of technology strategy across architecture and SDLC to challenge their appropriateness and effectiveness. Provide oversight and challenge First Line on integration of technology standards with LoBs.
· Influence and challenge existing and evolving enterprise software development standards
· Provide oversight and challenge on governance on a suite of tools and their integration required to enable development, testing, and release of software
· Review, influence, and challenge enterprise architecture standards, principles, and metrics.
· Conduct risk reviews to determine effectiveness of enterprise technology standards, measured view of productivity, and cost.
· Engagement across enterprise technology teams including Public Cloud, Developer Services, Infrastructure to oversee alignment of roadmaps and plans.
· Provide thought leadership on enterprise engineering and architecture, and best practices
· Maintain and apply a broad and current industry perspective on technology trends/opportunities, leading practices, and our position/capability/performance relative to direct competitors and parallel industries/organizations.
Qualifications: Over 10 years of technical experience in technology including enterprise technology architecture, SDLC, Cloud, developer services, Risk and controls within globally complex, dispersed and diverse organizations.
More specific experience, knowledge and skills are outlined below:
-Experience with enterprise technology architecture as a holistic structure that includes people, process, and technology components combined to achieve business goals for automation.
-Strong knowledge/experience in risk assessment and measurement of enterprise technologies, architecture, SDLC, and Cloud
-Strong knowledge of system, software, and security/software development lifecycle including their risk identification, and assessments
-Understanding of and experience in architecture and software design principles
-Extensive knowledge of and experience in identification and management of risks for SaaS/PaaS/IaaS, micro-services, RESTful APIs, machine learning, and robotic process automation.
-Strong experience leading operational risk reviews including identification of potential issues, and coordination with various teams including leadership
-Ability to interact with and influence people/groups of widely varying disciplines and backgrounds.
-Ability and confidence to exercise influence over a wide range of individuals at all levels of technical & business leadership.
-Strong presentation skills: able to use data to tell a clear, compelling story
-Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
-Comfortable with public speaking across various forums and be able to effectively and logically communicate when ideas are being challenged in an open forum.
-Comfortable interacting directly with technology executive leadership
-Builds partnerships across functions and regions; collaborates well with others.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: