Application System Engineer-Expert
|Reference # :||18-01635||Title :||Application System Engineer-Expert|
|Location :||Jacksonville, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/29/2018 / 04/26/2019|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
With more focus on Cloud architecture, additional governance requirements need to be met.
The CART process is an enterprise-wide process to review and approve the use of cloud,
external hosted, or 3rd party provided software services. It is a core control to ensure these
types of requests align to our architecture strategy, as well as ensure proper reviews occur in
such areas as Information Security, Privacy, CoB, etc. Current resource levels cannot keep
up with CART request inflow. Additional governance is required against related technologies,
such as API and Microservices, and we need to build up proper controls and governance in
these areas. Will book 100% time in PV to:Process Quality AssuranceReports/MetricsTools
Administration/Compliance ManagementProcess Definition/Review
The Global Consumer Architecture Governance group oversees critical processes that provide IT governance, standards and compliance. The processes include: Architecture Review, Application Portfolio Management, Cloud Architecture Review, CATE Demand Management, IT Product Portfolio Management, Data Standards Assessment, and Reference Architecture & Roadmap Framework.
- Develop and Maintain Reference Architecture Framework and Governance
- Support strategic and operational management of the technology environment
- Identify functional/process gaps and work with internal teams to define and drive process enhancements
- Conduct CART (Cloud Architecture Review Team) reviews, providing support to requestors, enforcing standards, tracking, and follow-up
- Collaborate with key partners, including: information security, architects, risk, privacy, CoB, and enterprise teams
- Strong process management skills, including the ability to monitor/tracking work items within a process, supporting users, measurement/reporting, follow-up, and process documentation
- Strong communication skills, the ability to communicate verbally and written, across regions and management levels, adjusting communication style to ensure comprehension, and communicating complex ideas in easy-to-understand ways
- Good base understanding of Cloud technologies, SaaS/IaaS/PaaS, and hosting models, with associated risks for such areas, e.g. Information Security, Continuity of Business, Architecture, etc.
- Good base understanding of architecture and enterprise architecture principles (reference architecture, IT roadmap, architecture review)
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary