Application System Engineer-Analyst
|Reference # :||18-01388||Title :||Application System Engineer-Analyst|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/24/2018 / 09/23/2019|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Seeking a well-rounded, hands-on technologist, and highly motivated individual to support Distributed Backup reporting products produced by these products. The individual supports several products including Hitachi Storage Viewer (Aptare), EMC Data Protection Advisor, and Veritas Netbackup OpsCenter. Additional responsibilities as it relates to these products include report creation using SQL queries, report testing and validation, problem management, problem escalation, root cause analysis, and vendor management. Able to meet deadlines and target dates, possesses strong analytical / problem solving skills, and incorporates organization skills including task prioritization. Finally, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate in a professional / customer oriented manner at various levels in the firm.
- Provide hands-on operational support for Hitachi Storage Viewer (Aptare), Veritas Netbackup OpsCenter, and EMC Data Protection Advisor.
- Working closely with RDBMS systems (Oracle) and SQL to generate reports and support the products.
- Participating in meetings for clients support, working group meetings, and recurring team related discussions.
- Interact with various personality types and technical / non-technical recipients (Know your target audience)
- Review scripts and / or understanding scripting logic (e.g. Perl, Shell) to meet various support requirements particularly related to reporting and chargeback.
- Generate Reports in Excel in addition to scheduling and reviewing reports using the reporting products.
- Manage and react to a significant amount of daily e-mail pertaining to the products supported.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or any Computer related discipline
- Proficient in relational database logic (e.g. joins, data types)
- Proficient in structured query language (SQL)
- Familiar with command line Linux (CLI)
- Familiar with backup and archival products (e.g. Netbackup)
- Detail Oriented with great organizational skills
- Approach problem management with analytical thought
- Excellent in oral and written communication
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary