Application Programmer SDN
|Reference # :||17-01327||Title :||Application Programmer SDN|
|Location :||IRVING, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||08/14/2017 / 02/14/2018|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Seeking to hire a software developer with strong Java skills to work on new and highly visible Software-Defined Networking (SDN) initiatives, which have the aim of transforming the traditional methods of configuring network elements and the manner in which services are deployed over the network.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with new, often cutting edge, products to develop software-based solutions to fulfill the increasing demands from our internal customers to reduce manual effort, speed up time to market and improve the overall efficiency for the delivery of network-related technologies. The industry is in the early stages of a seismic shift towards software-defined and programmatic access to network infrastructure and this opportunity will see you at the forefront of client's effort in this transformation.
• Be part of the Data Center Network engineering team specialized in automation and SDN development.
• Have programming/scripting skills and be able to assist in the development of network automation and software defined networks.
• Defining the tasks and time/effort estimates to develop use-cases.
• Troubleshooting and resolution of application bugs.
• Hands on development experience with Java (2+ years) (essential).
• Experience working on software development projects (essential).
• Experience working with Git such as BitBucket (advantageous).
• Experience with Linux platforms (advantageous).
• Experience with SQL and other standard database query tools (advantageous).
• Experience with data modeling languages such as XML and JSON (advantageous).
• Basic knowledge networking concepts, such as routing and switching (advantageous.)
• Knowledgeable in SDN orchestration and controller architectures (advantageous).
• At least educated to undergraduate degree level, or equivalent, in an Engineering based discipline (Electrical\Electronics or Computer Engineering/Science).
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong problem solving skills
- Goal and Delivery Oriented
- Strong influential skills
- Very Good client facing skills
- A positive and pro-active attitude
- A history of delivering against agreed objectives
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent presentation skills
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary