|Reference # :||18-00575||Title :||Application Programmer-Expert|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||04/16/2018 / 10/15/2018|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Description of the group:
The trading business is actively involved in the origination, securitization, and secondary trading of a variety of mortgage and asset-backed securities. They operate in three major regions: North America, Europe and Asia. The primary products include residential mortgages, commercial mortgages, credit cards, auto loans, and student loans. Front-office Technology team builds and supports cutting edge and robust technology solutions that allow our business users to gain a competitive advantage. This technology team focuses on building applications that allow trading desks to manage their positions, price some of the most complicated financial products in the market, perform prepayment/cash flow/scenario analysis to hedge and risk manage their positions. The team, comprising of seasoned technologists and business domain experts, works closely with the traders, risk managers, quants, research analysts and senior management to identify market opportunities and deliver solutions using Agile development principles.
We are interested in smart, analytical, proactive people who are passionate about technology and who know and appreciate proper design and coding methodologies.
The technology group is looking for a hands on Senior Tech Lead/Architect to enhance and support a suite of applications. The candidate will work on a complex multi-year divestiture project, to adapt and ensure that the securitized markets application suite continues to function seamlessly. The candidate will be required to be a hands on developer, participating in code and design reviews, communicate with multiple teams, prioritize requirements and escalate risks and execution to management and stake holders appropriately.
- Minimum of 8 years of total IT experience with strong JAVA and services development
- Sybase/SQL Server experience with ability to analyze execution plans and resolve performance issues
- Detailed knowledge of data transfer processes and SFTP/http protocol in order to serve as a subject matter expert
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work as part of a small team and independently as required
Nice to Haves:
- Fixed income business knowledge
- Experience with MongoDB, Kafka and Test-driven development are nice to have
- ORM, Link to Object/Entity is nice to have
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary