Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Account Reference Architecture (ARA) is the central bank cash framework for all this Major Global Bank's book-to-bank relationships under Entity Level Control, as part of SOX. ARA houses the end to end mapping between Major Global Bank's ledger (~20K accounts), bank accounts (~17K accounts both affiliate and 3rd party) and respective reconciliations globally across all business lines. It is leveraged for Client Resolution Planning, CLAR and number of other regulatory submissions. It is the control framework around completeness, accuracy and integrity of Major Global Bank's bank cash. ARA has a built-in control framework, ARA Balance Validation, that ensures integrity of the data by comparing Major Global Bank's money held in a bank accounts vs books and records globally. Any breaks are then risk profiled and addressed accordingly.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring integrity and completeness of Major Global Bank's book-to-bank relationships by investigating and analyzing breaks highlighted as part of the Balance Validation process. This will require in-depth analysis, thinking outside-the-box, and partnering with stakeholders and the team. They will be able to accomplish this task by meeting, at minimum, below responsibilities:
- Investigate and profile book-to-bank out of balance breaks highlighted in ARA Balance Validation into clear categories for appropriate risk identification.
- Update any incorrect or incomplete book-to-bank mappings in ARA to ensure accuracy and completeness of ARA.
- Establish a remediation process and steps for any out of balance cases.
- Remediate ARA Exception Management breaks impacting bank account, reconciliation and ledger account mapping accuracy.
- Apply knowledge of reconciliations and balance sheet substantiation process to suggest any resolution steps where applicable
- Influence decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization.
- Escalate control gaps and issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Apply creative thinking, subject matter expertise and problem solution skills to re-mediate discrepancies by working individually, with the team or by partnering with other teams.
- Understand how areas collectively integrate within ARA as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business
- Develop and maintain effective relationships, and collaborate closely with key partners and stakeholders, such as, Bank Network Management, Global Reconciliation Utility, Finance, Balance Sheet Substantiation, and Operations/Business teams, to mention some.
- Prepare and maintain regular comprehensive reporting to management around progress, concerns and risks.
- View ARA and Balance Validation from a bigger picture perspective and come up with any enhancements and/or fixes in the existing process to continuously improve upon completeness and accuracy, and to limit manual intervention that would otherwise be required.
- Provide value-added perspective or advice that contributes to the development of new techniques and change-the-bank initiatives.
- Work with Technology teams to ensure any enhancements are tested and released into production accordingly.
- Persuade and influence others through collaborative communication skills
- Acknowledge Major Global Bank's principles and values of organizational culture and apply them in everyday work activities
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Major Global Bankgroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-7 years experience
- Subject matter expertise in reconciliations between ledger and bank accounts is crucial
- Subject matter expertise in balance sheet and account balance substantiation process is crucial
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with all levels of staff are crucial
- Ability to consistently work to a high level of accuracy
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to recognize/identify key issues/implications/patterns
- Ability to work and communicate with the Tech teams for any enhancements and monitoring to completion
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates proactive mind-set, creative thinking with big-picture in mind
- Teamwork, "one-goal?, collaborative work skills
· Bachelor's/University degree or equivalen21253942
Please see our complete list of jobs at:www.rmscorp.com