|Reference # :||18-00426||Title :||AML Investigator|
|Location :||Long Island City, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||03/12/2018 / 08/10/2018|
Position Summary: The position requires the analyst to be responsible for performing Anti Money Laundering (AML) Reviews/Investigations of account activity and recommending the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR's) and or relationship termination as appropriate. Investigations are worked to completion in accordance with relevant Client AML policies and procedures. Investigations are generated from sources which include: Cases generated from automated alert monitoring system; Client On boarding, Maintenance and Transaction monitoring referrals; referrals from other business partners and control areas.
- Document and report the investigation findings and prepare case files with required supporting documentation (e.g. media search results, copies of statements/checks, results from internal system searches etc.)
- Communicate with internal and external entities, including other Banking AML monitoring units.
- Collect and examine financial statements and documents to assist in identifying unusual transaction patterns.
- Conduct research over available Bank systems, the Internet and Commercial Databases consistent with the resolution of investigations.
- Write and file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and recommend relationship retention or termination and track account closures as required.
- Interact with Senior Management on the Compliance, Legal and business sectors concerning AML issues.
- Document all research and analysis conducted in the Case Management System.
- Follow-up with additional Point(s) of Contact (POC) as needed to identify additional information in support of the case.
- Liaise with other AML units, Legal, Advisory, Business Compliance teams and Law Enforcement when appropriate.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS: Required: Prior work experience in a financial institution with job specific work experience in AML Knowledgeable of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, The USA PATRIOT Act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements. 4-Year College Degree or equivalent experience 3+ years experience in reviewing and approving Know-Your-Customer files for complex banking products 3+ years experience in investigating customer transactions and reviewing customer information 3+ years experience with creating SARs Strong writing, analytical, and communication skills, and must be able to multi-task and complete projects on time. Should be a self-starter and organized, and must have the ability to work independently, without supervision. Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills. Strong research skills, advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and experience with the Internet and on-line research systems.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary