|Reference # :||21-01424||Title :||AML Analyst|
|Location :||Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/27/2021 / 03/26/2022|
MUST have SAR writing experience and retail banking experience.
AML Analyst – NAM FIU
The AML Analyst is responsible for performing AML Reviews/Investigations of account activity, and recommending the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports ( "SARs”) and/or relationship termination, as appropriate. Cases are worked from beginning to completion in accordance with relevant Major Global Bank AML policies and procedures. Cases are generated from sources which include:
1. Automated Monitoring System (e.g. Mantas)
2. Client-On boarding and Maintenance and Transaction monitoring referrals
3. Referrals from business partners and other control areas
• Conduct research over available Bank systems, the Internet and Commercial Databases consistent with the resolution of case reviews and investigations.
• Collect and examine financial statements and documents to assist in identifying unusual transaction patterns.
• Document and report the review/investigation findings and prepare case files with required supporting documentation (e.g. media search results, copies of statements/checks, results from internal system searches etc.)
• Follow-up with additional Point(s) of Contact (POC) as needed to identify additional information in support of the case.
• Liaise with other FIU units, Advisory, Business Compliance teams, CSIS, FIU Legal, GIU, and Law Enforcement.
• Draft and file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) consistent with FinCEN requirements
• Recommend relationship retention or termination and track account closures as required
• Interact with Senior Management on the Compliance, Legal and business sectors concerning AML issues.
• May provide direction to more junior staff.
• Four Year College Degree or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 1 - 5 years of experience in reviewing customer transactions and information for identifying potentially suspicious activity and performing AML or fraud reviews/investigations.
• Experience in writing and preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements preferred
• Work experience in a financial institution with job specific work experience in AML.
• Knowledgeable of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements preferred
• General understanding of Senior Public Figures, Money Service Businesses, Wealth Management and Retail Banking preferred.
• Established business knowledge and comprehension of financial products.
• Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills.
• Excellent research skills including experience with online search tools.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook.
• Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
• Strong writing, analytical and communications skills. Must be able to multitask and complete projects on time.
• SAR Writing experience, specifically in retail banking, and more knowledge of AML Red Flags such as cash structuring.
• Ability to understand and draw conclusions from research conducted.
• Should be a self-starter, and organized, and must have the ability to work independently, without supervision.
• Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus.
• CAMS certification preferred
Please see our complete list of jobs at: